Main Menu

1970 Cuda tinted window glass set

Started by signsgonebye, January 09, 2020, 05:25:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

signsgonebye

Who does everyone recommend for window glass kits for quality and price? I see places like Auto city advertising $700 range and AMD glass 1100-1200?

Cuda Cody

@MoparDave  knows a lot about the glass kits.  If I recall, AMD had 3 different molds as they made improvements over the years.  Ask Dave and he can get you a set at a good price.

anlauto

I've used a couple of sets of AMD glass with good results....my glass guy has been installing windshields for 40 years and really likes the quality of the AMD windshields :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I sold some AutoCity, I think we had better luck with the AMD.
Sheldon

MoparDave

I have no knowledge of the Auto City glass besides I've heard its thin and a mexico made product. We sell primarily all AMD glass. major difference will be AMD have the penta mark and supplier code on the glass. the other will not.

email me directly at parts@mikeriehls.com with your delivery address 
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

Fern

I installed AMD all around on 70 challenger convertible with the factory green tint and all fit like a glove.

Ronald Gower

I read in another thread that the top corners of the amd rear glass pulled in a bit leaving a gap to the molding. Anyone else had this experiene or know if amd have rectified this? Just cleaned up my rear tinted glass and has some horizontal scratches which i trying to weigh up its worth trying to polish the out.

Regards Ron

Shoooter

I just installed a set of the tinted AMD on my 71 cuda. They are nice and fit great. I dont think the other brands have the pentistar on them like the AMD do. I could be wrong