Main Menu

1975 Plymouth Barracuda

Started by anlauto, September 28, 2020, 06:07:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

Interesting article. Thank God they didn't make that one! Looks like a lot of Javelin designs on that.

Matt13

HP2

It certainly does make one wonder that the balance of the body designs would have been in the later half of the '70s if they would have continued production. Camaros didn't change much until '82. Mustang had the weird MII evolution before moving into the Fox bodies that ran for along time. Would Mopars have changed radically or carried on?

cuda hunter

Looks cool.  I'm sure there would have been a few other changes to the over all look if it had actually went into production.  Looks better than any other 75 car model.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

dodj

Don't think they would have sold many of those....
Whomever cancelled it did Chrysler a favour IMO.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

I'm kind of glad they let the E-bodies die when they did. The 360's actually ran pretty good for a 74 and the following years were bleak for quite awhile.
Sheldon

Racer57

Matt13

Quote from: dodj on September 29, 2020, 01:48:03 PM
Don't think they would have sold many of those....
Whomever cancelled it did Chrysler a favour IMO.
[/

Looks a lot like a 1975 Ferrari 308.

Matt13

Quote from: cuda hunter on September 29, 2020, 12:02:19 PM
Looks cool.  I'm sure there would have been a few other changes to the over all look if it had actually went into production.  Looks better than any other 75 car model.
75 Vette Stingray and 75 Ferrari 308 look good. Even the Duster and Celica Gt lift back were decent.

HP2

Since these were styling exercises, no doubt the final version may have been changed a bit. Although, I don't recall seeing any mid 70s style designs for Dodge. What would it have looked like if Plymouth was going down the Corvette styling  line?

340challconvert

Reminds me of the Opel GT in the early 70's?  :thinking:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Scooter

Looks like a car out of Speed Racer... lol. I kinda like it.

dvs cycles

With US smog and bumper regs getting tougher in the 70's they could  never make that work.

Topcat

It's unique for sure.
Speed Racer kinda looking

By 72' Muscle was beginning to wane. Insurance, Emissions, and Gas.

Probably the engineers said  "let's try the Euro Ferrari look"