Main Menu

2021 state of play - 1970 Challenger values

Started by Bad Bird, October 17, 2021, 03:00:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

Gateway offers a good service, for both the seller and the buyer. They have a lot of awesome & interesting vehicles and assuming their prices are somewhat negotiable I'd lean towards them over eBay/Craig's.
They also support the local car enthusiasts in cities the have a presence, at least the Houston on sponsors a monthly car show including drinks & snacks. Obviously it is marketing, but still.

Quote from: Mopsquad on October 20, 2021, 04:10:59 PM
Quote from: 70vert on October 17, 2021, 06:26:43 PM
Premium priced, and 340:
https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/STL/8705/1970-Dodge-Challenger-340

Gateway is good indicator of market values. You just have to use the special equation.   Market Value =  Gateway x .781456  ;)

71383bee

Quote from: 70vert on October 21, 2021, 09:12:05 AM
Gateway offers a good service, for both the seller and the buyer. They have a lot of awesome & interesting vehicles and assuming their prices are somewhat negotiable I'd lean towards them over eBay/Craig's.
They also support the local car enthusiasts in cities the have a presence, at least the Houston on sponsors a monthly car show including drinks & snacks. Obviously it is marketing, but still.

Quote from: Mopsquad on October 20, 2021, 04:10:59 PM
Quote from: 70vert on October 17, 2021, 06:26:43 PM
Premium priced, and 340:
https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/STL/8705/1970-Dodge-Challenger-340

Gateway is good indicator of market values. You just have to use the special equation.   Market Value =  Gateway x .781456  ;)

I agree.  I've sold one car at Gateway and was very pleased with the process.  I'll do it again if I have to sell the challengers.  You get 3 months of heated storage.  They make a very nice ad for you and YOU set the price.  They get their cut...but that is the business.  My EL5 roadrunner sold in just under a month and I received what I was asking.  If there are photos missing like fender tag shots or specific body or drivetrain photos their sales team was quick to respond and update.    If there is a perfumed pig in the showroom its not something they cobbled together in the shed out back...its something someone brought in. 

I think one thing to consider is the foreign sale.  It's going to place a premium on selling as there is a hassle to get it shipped and there are some sellers who are not as enthusiastic to send the car overseas.  I say that as when I bought the convertible I was 2nd in line to a buyer from Sweden and in the end the seller didn't really want the car to leave the country.  It was a win for me, but I also can empathize for the foreign buyer.  It may be best to not broadcast that as much or maybe have a representative here do the leg work.  Do you have a good friend or family here you can trust?  It may be something to consider if they can broker the deal and then you handle it getting here later and the seller not being involved.  Its another thing if money is no object and you lay down the cash to ship it out but you are coming from the lower angle and as discussed are on the low end of market for what you are looking for with your price. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top