Main Menu

340 T/A ignition wires

Started by Arctoad, May 02, 2019, 09:25:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Arctoad

Hey all,
Wondering what Best combination of Plugs and Wires are used for a 340 Six Pak Mopar Electronic Ignition system.
Thanks
  :clueless:

Chryco Psycho

I typically use the Champion RN12YC which is what the factory used
Dave has Repro wire sets but I have had trouble with some sets having 1-2 wires that are too short

Arctoad

Thanks,
I looked at a listing on the Mopar performance catalog and for the small block they had FR8 DCX but wasn't sure if that was factory for the T/A.
The plug wires in the same online catalog were P4529797, 340 LA.
Does that seem right?

JH27N0B

My recollection was that the 340 used N9Y plugs?  I remember in my youth, when i had trouble with fouling the parts store told me to go a step hotter and use N10Ys on my T/A.
I used someone's date coded repro wires when I restored it. No issues, but I don't recall who I bought it from, been a few years.

Arctoad

303 Mopar

Champion RN12YC plugs and Firecore 8.5mm wires.  They come precut or left for you to custom fit. Mancini carries them - https://www.manciniracing.com/search-results.html?catalog=chucker54&query=firecore&Submit=Search

Arctoad

Thank you,
One more question, Did the AAR or T/A come with Plug wire Brackets? I'd love to have them Loomed nicely but would like to keep OEM.

anlauto

I was going to recommend Firecore also if you don't care for the "factory" wires  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Arctoad

Thanks,
Where would I order them?