Main Menu

1971 cuda grill

Started by Shoooter, November 17, 2017, 04:48:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Gees...can't believe Chrysler painted all the NOS ones wrong .... :looney: What were they thinking ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

I did a lot of research on the correct placement of the paint line...what I found out was exactly what was stated earlier,  there was assembly line parts and over the counter or NOS and there are definite differences in the two. I decided to go with the assembly line part look for my car.

larry4406

Somewhere in my basement I have 4 nose ones I bought ~1985....

JEJJ

"I did a lot of research on the correct placement of the paint line...what I found out was exactly what was stated earlier,  there was assembly line parts and over the counter or NOS and there are definite differences in the two. I decided to go with the assembly line part look for my car."........and to add to that,there were correct NOS and incorrect NOS
All of these are NOS, all dated with a 1979 ship date but obviously the paper ones were from older inventory. The paper wrapped ones have the correct, black right to the edge paint, where the one from the plastic bag is from about 1/8"-almost 1/4" short of the edge,it's not consistent.....must have been Friday just before happy hour . :cheers:

anlauto

I looked at the pictures I have of the 71's I've restored over the years....some have restored original rings and some rings I replaced with reproductions...funny thing is over the years, I've actually restored the cars with rings painted both ways shown here as well... :haha: so I guess inconsistency is the way to go  :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration