Main Menu

340 Cuda bypass hose

Started by 6pack, January 04, 2019, 07:29:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6pack

On a 1970 cuda, what is the correct bypass hose ink stamping or part number.  Are these reproduced properly and available?  What clamps go on this hose.  I have seen several types of replacements for this application.  One hose clamp has smooth metal where the slots for the clamp screw engages.  Some labeled as a silicone type with red insides made for an AC car.  Others have corbin type clamps.  Any pictures?  I am trying to make mine right.

Jimmy

Burdar

The bypass hose was installed before the engine was painted.  That means, any part numbers or colored lines in the hose were covered with engine paint and you couldn't see them anyway.  The correct clamp is the same style used on the other hoses.(spring clamp)

This is just a standard parts store bypass hose with the correct style clamps.  I remember buying hoses from Advance Auto but not liking the appearance.  I bought some from O'Reilly Auto and they had a more correct look to them.  Actually it could have been Advance that had the more correct looking appearance I don't remember now.

Cuda Cody

Are you talking about the little hose that is about a 90 degree angle on the front of the 340?  Corbin type clamps and painted would be original.

anlauto

As stated above...ALL small block by-pass hoses were painted with the engine, so number stamps wouldn't really come into play and Mopars never used gear clamps on hoses in the muscle car era... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6pack

Thanks all.  I have the correct clamps; now I can get a hose and paint it. I have some hemi orange already.  I seen a lot of incorrect stuff out there but you guys steered me the right direction.

Jimmy

Chryco Psycho

If the silicone type look correct that would be my preference

CudaMoparRay

Just when I thought I knew a "little" this curve ball comes my way.
Never even noticed that the original hoses were painted engine color and I had a brand new 1972 'Cuda 🤣