Main Menu

70-71 Assembly Manual

Started by CudaHead, April 17, 2020, 10:32:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

these are "Engineering Illustrations" (in plant use) not TSB "Technical Service Bulletins" (dealership service use)

I purchased two of the manuals (1969 Plymouth A & B-body) offered by Faxon a number of years ago - they are each <100 pages (8-1/2"x11")
a few issues,
     so the image was larger, they eliminated the title block and other info
     being less than 100 pages they are incomplete
     with NO title block and factory page numbers, that are referenced on other pages/that may or may not be there, detail/info is missing/lost  :verymad:

hopefully these 300+ page manuals are improved based on lessons learned - I will buy one or two - I just hope that they are different VS. 80% being the same (E-body) with ~50 different pages between Barracuda & Challenger, but I doubt it  :thinking: why not just make a 400 page E-body manual for $50 (instead of 2 manuals with 80% same content for $40 each)  :rofl: oh! that's right they're going to get $80 from me, but I won't be happy about it because of the shortfalls.
:pullinghair:

please prove me wrong  :fingerscrossed:

Katfish

About how many pages are there in it?

71vert340

I hope they're complete also. The pages Cudahead showed at least had the title blocks.
Terry

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 27, 2020, 02:49:48 PM
these are "Engineering Illustrations" (in plant use) not TSB "Technical Service Bulletins" (dealership service use)

Yup again, my mistake...I just quickly used the term TSB...I couldn't think of the proper term....they look close to TSB's :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaHead

RUNCHARGER

I think Ill get one, I'm kind of a paper nut.
Sheldon

Katfish

I'm curious too, would it be useful to the average hobbyist?
Or is this more of an educational thing?

CudaHead

It's more of an educational thing in that it shows you where things were meant to be on the car.
I know I could of used it when I was putting in an new dash harness.
But I'm also one of those people that like to have all the documentation that I can find.

Ok, I have spent some time with the book and I believe that anyone who has ever worked on your car, will benefit from the details you see in this book.

339 pages and I have not found a single one that I have seen before.
Make sure you read the "Key to Model Codes" page in the front of the book first.

ec_co

ordered one too .... will come in handy shortly I hope ....
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

larry4406

What size are the printed pages?  Are they complete drawings or cropped to zoom in due small page?

CudaHead

8 1/2 x 10 3/4
I wish they were larger but I have been able to read them the way they are.

CudaHead

I also just got the 1970 Wiring Diagram Manual.

It's a reprint of all the Barracuda/Cuda diagrams from the Service Manual.
It has, once again, small print, but readable.
The real value is not having to look through all the models. It's just has the ones for the Barracuda/Cuda.

ec_co

received my copy today. flipping through it, it will be quite useful. definitely a good addition to the library  :bigthumb:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Northcuda

Quote from: CudaHead on April 17, 2020, 10:32:00 AM
I just bought this. Anyone have any feedback on it?
http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1970-1971-Barracuda-and-Cuda-Electrical-and-Body-Assembly-Manual-Reprint-P34870.aspx

Thank you CudaHead,
I discovered your message and this discovery will help reassemble my car and also supplement my library.
A Barracuda 70 that wants to be as big as a Cuda Trans am.

gaddied

WOW ! This is a great manual . Glade I bought it  :banana: