Main Menu

70 Challenger RT in SE Wisconsin. Member here?

Started by gzig5, June 22, 2019, 02:06:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

Didn't get a chance to talk to the owner but the car is supposedly unrestored.  440 with an automatic.  Really nice shape.  Curious if he was a member and anyone recognizes the car.  Show was Rod's and Relics in Grafton, WI.

I drove my Cuda to the show, but it isn't quite ready for prime time.  There were some very nice cars of all makes and eras.

JH27N0B

When I first saw the picture I thought it was my buddy's car, a GA4 71 340 convertible.  But I did a double take and saw the one in your picture is a '70.  What color is that car, GA4 gunmetal gray wasn't available in 70.  Does the color look off in the picture and it's B3 blue?  Or silver?  I know there was a 999 code special ordered silver paint Challenger convertible that was on the market a couple years ago.

RzeroB

@BIGSHCLUNK might know ... that's his stomping ground right there ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

gzig5

Quote from: JH27N0B on June 23, 2019, 08:02:21 AM
When I first saw the picture I thought it was my buddy's car, a GA4 71 340 convertible.  But I did a double take and saw the one in your picture is a '70.  What color is that car, GA4 gunmetal gray wasn't available in 70.  Does the color look off in the picture and it's B3 blue?  Or silver?  I know there was a 999 code special ordered silver paint Challenger convertible that was on the market a couple years ago.

It's a silver or gray.  The pic shows the color pretty honestly.  I forgot to take a pic of the fender tag.

anlauto

I think I also recall seeing a silver car like this for sale recently  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BIGSHCLUNK

No clue who's ride that is.  :notsure:  Maybe it was just hangin out a little farther north than I am. Altho I am in the area of Grafton/Jackson/Sussex fairly often....   :thinking:

6bblgt

Bill P. in Texas had a well documented 999 paint code 440 4-bbl Challenger R/T convertible w/BLACK bumblebee stripe for sale, not too long ago - I believe paperwork showed "EA4" -silver metallic

I can't find the pics  :huh:

TheAutoArchaeologist

The owner brought the car to the Gus's Cruise night a few weeks ago.  I guess it was sitting in a Milwaukee Warehouse up until a year or two ago?  Original paint he said.

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

6bblgt

thanks @TheAutoArchaeologist

that's the same car that was in Texas, 2015 - sold new at MACKAY-SWIFT Inc. North East, PA

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

E74cuda

Here's another of the tag. I had a friend that was interested in it but decided against it.