Main Menu

70 Challenger SE - Are parts available

Started by xx88man, February 05, 2017, 03:15:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

Hi, I am looking for a little help. I am looking at buying a 70 Challenger SE project car. Can anybody tell me if the sail panels and hard headliner are available for these cars? Any help is appreciated.
Keep yer foot in it

Cuda Cody

There was a guy making fiberglass reproductions, but I don't remember who?   :thinking:

Cuda Cody

Not sure if he's still doing them, but here's the email I have for him:  Steve Smith rtseucode@yahoo.com

Cuda Cody

Mike might have them still:  Email him at DAYCLONA1@yahoo.com

RUNCHARGER

I think Mike can still do them, you can make the sail panels yourself easily enough. If it isn't an R/T SE I wouldn't be above not returning a car to SE status. All of the pieces can be hard to find.

Sheldon
Sheldon

xx88man

Thanks for the info guys. I'll search a bit. This car is an RT/SE
Keep yer foot in it

headejm

These guys might have the headliner. I received a quote from them about one year ago.

https://www.seheadliners.com

Most SE parts are either outrageously expensive or semi-impossible to find. A lot of the moldings are unique and some clips (belt line molding) for the moldings are not reproduced. There are a bunch of SE car owners on this forum so let us know what you need and there is a good chance you'll find it here.  :ohyeah:

fc7cuda

Quote from: headejm on February 05, 2017, 09:15:51 PM
These guys might have the headliner. I received a quote from them about one year ago.

https://www.seheadliners.com

Most SE parts are either outrageously expensive or semi-impossible to find. A lot of the moldings are unique and some clips (belt line molding) for the moldings are not reproduced. There are a bunch of SE car owners on this forum so let us know what you need and there is a good chance you'll find it here.  :ohyeah:

:iagree:

It will take some time rounding up the correct parts, but it can be done. 

Good luck with it.  :twothumbsup:

Cuda Cody

FYI only...  (not sure if it's a fair price or not) This was just posted on our E-Bodies.org Facebook Group.....

I have everything needed for an overhead console. The headliner board is made from fiberglass, the sail panel boards are louon wood and they're all covered in the correct material, new, perfect material.
The console is original and not recovered nor is it nos, but it looks nice and has a nice domelight. I have the wiring harness too.
$1,000
I'm in the Detroit area, and would prefer these items to be picked up rather than shipping them.

xx88man

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 09, 2017, 07:25:32 AM
FYI only...  (not sure if it's a fair price or not) This was just posted on our E-Bodies.org Facebook Group.....

I have everything needed for an overhead console. The headliner board is made from fiberglass, the sail panel boards are louon wood and they're all covered in the correct material, new, perfect material.
The console is original and not recovered nor is it nos, but it looks nice and has a nice domelight. I have the wiring harness too.
$1,000
I'm in the Detroit area, and would prefer these items to be picked up rather than shipping them.

Thanks for the heads up Cody. I haven't yet reached a decision on this car....waiting to hear back fro  the seller. If I buy I am contemplating eliminating the SE parts for now...not sure though.
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

It's a tough call, The SE status doesn't increase value at all but we like to keep them original. Personally I would sooner pay for performance or Wow factor parts that increase value. I was sick of this one by the time I got it done and it still needed a couple of correct wiring harnesses.

Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

Dealing with the vinyl roof is what put me over the edge with this car and decide to sell it. If I find another R/T SE needing anything SE related I won't buy it simple as that.
Sheldon

xx88man

Thanks for your input Sheldon. So what was your issue with the vinyl roof?
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

It was a combo of things. I bought the project with the correct white roof installed incorrectly (as in the photo). I pulled it and added foam backing around the window as the factory did, pulled it down again but I didn't like the factory look as you could see the ridge even with the foam. So I pulled that one off (all the while searching for a pro that could do another install). I then bondoed up the opening so I could get a nice smooth look and installed a second white roof. However not being a pro I had a heck of a time with it bunching around the back window. So I pulled that one off and let the car sit. In the mean time I sold the car as I was disgusted with it. The new owner wanted a black roof anyway so we ordered one and used an old guy he knew to install the black top. The old guy must be half blind as he got the top over to one side by about 2 inches, he also had it bunch so he put a third seam at the bottom of the window. So I pulled that one off and scraped/solvented off the glue for the fifth (I lost count) time. We got the old guy back and I watched him like a hawk this time and got it on a bit better.
Watching the old guy I now would try it again myself as I was trying to stretch it into place whereas he was shrinking it into place so I know where I went wrong.
Anyway after the top fiasco I fought the headliner in and was glad when the car finally left the property. I think I still smell solvent fumes every time I go in the garage.

Sheldon

anlauto

Whoa Sheldon...what's going on with the DS 1/4 ? That looks like another story....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration