Main Menu

70 Challenger windshield washer bottle motor rubber hose attachment?

Started by Rutro, December 30, 2019, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rutro

So finally going to hook up the rubber hose to the little motor on the bottom bottle.
But it feels like there is enough room at the bottom to attach the hose with out making a severe right angle in the rubber hose.
I'm I doing something wrong?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rutro

Thanks for the info. I thought I was screwed. LOL
I purchased the bottle and motor assembly back in the 90's, wasn't sure if it was a crappy reproduction.

Floyd

There are some detailed threads on this topic over on Moparts.  I think most 70-71 e-bodies came from the factory with a washer pump that had a side-exit outlet.  That 90 degree turn cleared the frame rail nicely. Later versions of the pump had the outlet pointing straight down for whatever reason.  Almost all the over the counter NOS pumps and the current aftermarket ones have that straight-down outlet, which as noted above, makes for a tight fit.  I maybe wrong, but I seem to recall seeing later model e-bodies with a notch in the frame rail in that same area.  Maybe there was an engineering change that drove the change to a different pump style?

Here's a pic of an older replacement pump with the side exit outlet.

Floyd