Main Menu

71 Challenger Convertible Production Numbers

Started by erik70rt, January 18, 2019, 12:11:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I wonder that too, because for years the 71 breakdown was "unknown" even Galen Govier's white book doesn't have this information.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

sdweatherman

I have a friend that scored a very detailed version of the Options and Accessories report for 1971 Challengers back in the 80s. I have been trying to bribe a nice hard copy out of him for the past several years to no avail. But he is more than happy to look things up for me from time to time.

I am guessing that the "guru" has obtained a lesser copy of this report. Looking at his white book, it looks like his copy does not have a breakdown of the hardtops and convertibles in the smaller engine sizes - as those numbers are combined in the book.

If I can obtain a good copy of this report - I plan on producing an options and accessories pocket guide at a very very reasonable price.

Scott.

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on January 22, 2019, 05:51:43 AM
I wonder that too, because for years the 71 breakdown was "unknown" even Galen Govier's white book doesn't have this information.

Me three.  I just want to make sure the information is reliable.  :fingerscrossed:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Flatdad

Quote from: sdweatherman on January 22, 2019, 06:10:02 AM
I have a friend that scored a very detailed version of the Options and Accessories report for 1971 Challengers back in the 80s. I have been trying to bribe a nice hard copy out of him for the past several years to no avail. But he is more than happy to look things up for me from time to time.

I am guessing that the "guru" has obtained a lesser copy of this report. Looking at his white book, it looks like his copy does not have a breakdown of the hardtops and convertibles in the smaller engine sizes - as those numbers are combined in the book.

If I can obtain a good copy of this report - I plan on producing an options and accessories pocket guide at a very very reasonable price.

Scott.

Where did he get it from? Do you know the story of where it came from?

70 Challenger Lover

Any chance he also has the 1970 report? I'd pay for such a guide.

anlauto

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on January 22, 2019, 12:29:38 PM
Any chance he also has the 1970 report? I'd pay for such a guide.

The 70 report is available from Galen Govier, or at least it used to be....Maybe we should get a copy on this web site ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudaragtop

Quote from: sdweatherman on January 22, 2019, 06:10:02 AMI have a friend that scored a very detailed version of the Options and Accessories report for 1971 Challengers back in the 80s. I have been trying to bribe a nice hard copy out of him for the past several years to no avail. But he is more than happy to look things up for me from time to time.

Scott.

Did you ever score a hard copy?

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

7E-Bodies

@Flatdad I can vouch for two of those 71 318 verts. A 318 3 speed manual and a column shift 318 auto. Fun cars.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

EDL94

My brother has a 318 3 speed

NigelTufnel

:deadhorse:... couldn't find a 'zombie emoji, so the dead horse will have to do for this re-animated thread.

I have one of those 1230 318/autos too.  Add me to the 'list'