Main Menu

71 Cuda H6T7 Interior - Carpet Color Opinions Wanted

Started by Yellow71Cuda, June 26, 2019, 03:39:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yellow71Cuda

I'm in the process of ordering my carpet, and I'm dizzy  :looney: from looking at the colors.  Unfortunately, I don't have a good sample of my original carpet.

I've attached pics of another car with my interior, and carpet color samples.  I think the middle sample (Dark Saddle) looks most correct, but I wanted the opinion of you guys with some fresh eyes. :rubeyes:

Thanks!

70 Challenger Lover

It is dark brown. I have the same color combo in my car and I'm actually in the middle of freshening the interior with a new boot and carpet. I got a sample of the correct color from Legendary and it was dark brown. It looks awesome in the car. Really makes my gold paint pop when you stand closer to the car.

anlauto

I would agree the middle sample looks best, as for being correct, I couldn't venture a guess, I've never seen an original one up close.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

The one in my car was more of a medium brown and it looked nice. According to Legendary though it's dark brown and that is one company I've learned to trust on that. They nailed my brown boot color perfectly. My car had been restored by the previous owner so I have no way of knowing what the original color looked like in an unfaded area like under the seats.

Everyone who has seen my car with the old and new carpet all agree the dark brown one looks killer with the two tone interior. Me included.

Yellow71Cuda

In my opinion, the middle one looks closest to the interior pic, and I believe that is original.  I agree that Legendary is very trustworthy...I'm just not sure they are correct in regard to this situation.  The dark brown appears to be too dark as compared with the (very few) pics I've found of H6T7 interiors. 

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on June 26, 2019, 04:11:34 PM
The one in my car was more of a medium brown and it looked nice. According to Legendary though it's dark brown and that is one company I've learned to trust on that. They nailed my brown boot color perfectly. My car had been restored by the previous owner so I have no way of knowing what the original color looked like in an unfaded area like under the seats.

Everyone who has seen my car with the old and new carpet all agree the dark brown one looks killer with the two tone interior. Me included.

Do you have pics you could share?   

70 Challenger Lover

I haven't taken any yet but I will tomorrow and post. My seats are still out. Waiting for the convertible boot on back order.

I was a little worried at first that Legendary could be off but I figured this interior will see a lot of sunlight and will probably fade a little in a year or two. The carpet I took out was a replacement carpet and it faded with only 5-7k miles of use and several years of storage. It went from a medium brown to something more orange like and looked kinda lousy in my opinion.

Even if mine is not quite factory correct, I'm okay with that because the darker carpet makes everything else stand out and the whole package with the gold paint is quite striking.

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on June 26, 2019, 06:58:00 PM
I haven't taken any yet but I will tomorrow and post. My seats are still out. Waiting for the convertible boot on back order.

I was a little worried at first that Legendary could be off but I figured this interior will see a lot of sunlight and will probably fade a little in a year or two. The carpet I took out was a replacement carpet and it faded with only 5-7k miles of use and several years of storage. It went from a medium brown to something more orange like and looked kinda lousy in my opinion.

Even if mine is not quite factory correct, I'm okay with that because the darker carpet makes everything else stand out and the whole package with the gold paint is quite striking.

It sounds really nice, and I appreciate you taking the time to take and post pics.  Thank you! 

6bblgt

here's an original interior - but can't see much of the carpet  :smile: & the page from the data book - Chrysler referred to the carpet/dash/headliner as "med. tan" & the bolster as "dk. tan"

sounds like the carpet should be lighter than the seat bolsters (the first pic & "dark saddle" get my vote!)  :takealook: @70 Challenger Lover check out the "STEERING WHEEL" column

70 Challenger Lover

I have a BH car so black wheel, which it has. I like the black wheel over wood anyway.

Before reaching out to Legendary, I was going to select a carpet in a medium brown. It was only after getting a sample from Legendary in dark brown that I decided to go with it, correct or not. I think it's possible to overuse certain tones. Burnt orange comes to mind. Looks great but it's like a bucket of orange exploded in the car. I think they could have mixed complimentary colors in lighter and darker shades to really make it exciting. I'm glad I went with the dark brown. It really makes the rest of the interior seem more dramatic in contrast.

I'll set the seats in the car before photos so you get the full effect.

70 Challenger Lover

Still have to vacuum out all the carpet crumbs and the seats are just set in there for pics but you get the idea...

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on June 27, 2019, 03:06:59 PM
Still have to vacuum out all the carpet crumbs and the seats are just set in there for pics but you get the idea...

Looks Great!  Thanks for sharing the pics!