Main Menu

A Car Raffle I'd love to Win!

Started by JH27N0B, April 01, 2024, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

JH27N0B

The latest Dream Giveaway raffle just announced their latest raffle and it has a sweet looking pair of new and vintage Challengers. A '70 V code Challenger and a '23 SRT Super Stock Challenger.
I have yet to win any of the many car raffles I've entered over the years, but like the lottery, it's nice to dream!
https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/challenger

Deezel

Beautiful cars! Got a couple tickets on them. Can't win if you don't play.  :fingerscrossed:

Here's a bit more on it. (Looks like you'll have to watch it on YouTube)

Lonnie
1973 'cuda

JH27N0B

What has frustrated me so much about vintage car auctions I've entered in the past, besides me not winning of course, is that most of the raffle cars soon turn up on ebay or Mecum auctions soon after the winner is announced.
Does anyone ever actually win these contests, who really wants to own the car?  :notsure:

MEK-Dangerous

I think reality hits when the winner sees what they have to pay in taxes to get these cars home. That's why they turn around and sell it so fast.

Katfish

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on April 02, 2024, 11:44:32 AMI think reality hits when the winner sees what they have to pay in taxes to get these cars home. That's why they turn around and sell it so fast.

Not to mention the extra insurance and storage costs.
Best case scenario, I could only keep 1 after selling the other.
Not going to let a $100k car sit in my driveway.......

Deezel

If they're rare cars that you really don't want to drive or have proper storage for then the only real option left is to sell.

This Challenger is one of those rare cars. I know I wouldn't drive it and even though I do have someplace I could securely store it, it would most likely see an auction sooner than later.

As far as the taxes go, the money for taxes is also included in the raffle.
Lonnie
1973 'cuda

Brads70

Purple! :Thud:   :lurking:  :Stirring:  I'd sell them both and buy one in a better colour!  :P  :D

JH27N0B

That reminds me of a raffle car in the area that the winner did keep.
An area Lions club raffles off a vintage car each year, selling tickets through the year and then picking the winner in Fall.
The cars are typically mid grade quality and not especially rare versions of the type they buy to raffle off every year.  A year or two ago they raffled off a Challenger clone with a 440 6 pack engine for example, the only Mopar I can recall them having.  OK car, paint was maybe 6/10. A driver.
One year maybe 10 or 15 years ago the Lions club had a '71 or 72 Camaro for their prize, base model, maybe a 350 2 barrel or even a 305.  Goldish green color with a tan vinyl roof and interior.  Fugly even if it wasn't a Chevy!  :barf:
I see the car every summer at some cruises and shows.  It has a vanity plate "WON IT".  The winner hung on to that one and is obviously very proud of it!
Sort of like when you see a happy couple where both Mr and Mrs are butt ugly.  People ask "how did they find each other?!"
That raffle Camaro and its winner were a match made in heaven apparently.  :D

7E-Bodies

Well, I just jumped in HARD. I'm fully aware that some millionaire will probably win with one ticket, but hey, I've finally pulled the trigger after I had always only considered entering for years in a row.
As for above comments about winners selling immediately? For tax purposes? for lack of storage? For insurance? Well, I'll dream here based on a "what if"...since they're offering to pay all taxes, I'm down to insurance and space. I've busted tail all my life and now have a 40x60 shop. I'd squeeze that 70 in there with room to spare and eventually have it setting next to my current 70 440 RT (if I ever finish it). I'd sell the Hellcat and use the proceeds to get yet another 70 RT plus a couple of 4 post lifts to boost the space. As for insurance, I can only drive one at a time, and of course that's seasonal. I'd alternate seasons and only road insure one on alternating seasons. The rest of the time, storage insurance.
Now...let's watch and applaud the millionaire that sent away for the one free ticket and watch my 500 tickets drop to the floor like confetti.  :woohoo:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

I ran the VIN of the 70 on a few search engines and only found where it hit auction a couple times. Does anyone have any history on it? (JS23V0B205533)

7E-Bodies

Can't seem to find in videos or online info or in the ad if it's numbers matching or not. Did I miss it?

JH27N0B

The last couple years at Moparty in Bowling Green, Dream Giveaways has had a display in the manufacturers midway with their upcoming Mopar giveaway car on display.  Last September they had the Demon 340 there.  Hopefully they will display both of these Challengers there this year! Or at least the 1970 if they don't have a trailer big enough for 2 cars to transport there.  One can give it a close inspection there if they do, though crawling underneath to try to see numbers might be a bit of a challenge to do.
https://www.conceptcarz.com/profile/9505,8586/1970-dodge-challenger.aspx
Both of their cars I have seen on display there were really nice examples.  The Demon and a Charger 500 the year before.  I bought tickets for the Charger 500.  Of course I didn't win.  Hopefully a decent % of the ticket proceeds do go to the charities and not mostly to buy giveaway cars and to fund the organization's payroll and related expenses.

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: Brads70 on April 02, 2024, 12:51:33 PMPurple! :Thud:   :lurking:  :Stirring:  I'd sell them both and buy one in a better colour!  :P  :D

OUCH! 

Brads70

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on April 04, 2024, 11:04:59 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on April 02, 2024, 12:51:33 PMPurple! :Thud:   :lurking:  :Stirring:  I'd sell them both and buy one in a better colour!  :P  :D

OUCH! 

:rofl: Just teasing!  :drinkingbud:

JH27N0B

40+ years ago I bought a FC7 V code 70 Challenger project.
Originally had white stripes and top, but a black interior. Automatic.  Had a 383 in it.  It was actually a pretty solid car but even though it was only a little over 10 years old at the time, it obviously had been rode hard and put away wet!
As a college student with 2 part time jobs I was in over my head with doing a big project and sold it.  I wonder if it survived and is restored now.
Here is a video they released yesterday on the dream giveaway car.  No word if it's #s, I asked in the comments and will share the info if they reply.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDes5yGKhnk