Main Menu

American collectors Insurance quote

Started by Jsand73440, September 02, 2023, 10:57:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jsand73440

Does anyone have any experience with American Collectors Insurance? My Hagerty went up to over $1100 a year, and so i requested a quote from American. They quoted me $480 for identical coverage. Ind of a no-brainer, but I don't have any experience with using any of these insurance companies.

MOPARMIKE69

I have had American Collectors Insurance on all of my cars for over 20 years. One unfortunate year I had to make 2 claims. They paid in full on both and did not cancel or raise my rates. They have been GREAT for me and my cars. 

Fern

Do a search here, there is a lot of info on different insurance companies

70_440-6Cuda

I have American Collectors through USAA, been great.  $730 +/- for the year for a stated value policy.  Had the insurance a couple of months, forgot my hood pins and within a couple weeks everything was settled and paid out.  Great to work with for me....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Floyd

I've had American Collectors through USAA for years. Fortunately, I've never needed to file a serious claim so I can't really offer too much.   I did do a rock chip windshield claim once.  While trivial, it was smooth and painless.

They crush the competition on pricing for my Mopars.

Rich G.

I have them on 5 cars. Luckily I never had to use it.

Bpret

I have used them for years never had a claim but prices have been reasonable.

70Barracuda

I use State Farm, $260 a year for 45k agreed
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

JH27N0B

Quote from: 70Barracuda on September 03, 2023, 09:28:49 PM
I use State Farm, $260 a year for 45k agreed
When did State Farm start offering agreed value on their collector car policies? I used to use them for my vintage rides, but they were stated value, which is something I am not comfortable with.
Agreed value means in the case of a total loss, they will pay the agreed value your car was insured for.
Stated value means they insure and price the premiums based on a value, but in the case of a total loss they pay out whatever their adjusters decide the car's actual value was.

Katfish

Quote from: Bpret on September 02, 2023, 05:06:17 PM
I have used them for years never had a claim but prices have been reasonable.

Same here

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: Floyd on September 02, 2023, 11:59:37 AM
I've had American Collectors through USAA for years. Fortunately, I've never needed to file a serious claim so I can't really offer too much.   I did do a rock chip windshield claim once.  While trivial, it was smooth and painless.

They crush the competition on pricing for my Mopars.

When did USAA start partnering with American?   I contacted USAA years ago and was flat out told 'we don't offer that kind of policy.

I may have to give them another call. 

usraptor

I have Farm Bureau for my '70 'Cuda with $100K agreed full coverage for $230 a year.  "Course I also have my house, RVs and other cars with them to get that rate.

JCode

I have hagerty and im over 800 a year they got very expensive

BIGSHCLUNK

American Family just went up $437 full coverage on $111k