Main Menu

GYC SEMA build Stolen?

Started by HUSTLESTUFF, August 20, 2017, 07:42:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HUSTLESTUFF

Looked at my twitter and looks like the green 71 they built for SEMA was stolen.  "We know who it is, we just can't find them or the car."  Posted yesterday by Mark.  That sucks!!!!

HUSTLESTUFF

Here's a screen shot and where to send tips.

Cuda Cody

I heard that too over on the E-Bodies facebook page.  Sounded like it was stolen right out of their shop and they have the person on camera.  They said they know who did it, but can not find the car.   :verymad:

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 20, 2017, 09:17:11 PM
I heard that too over on the E-Bodies facebook page.  Sounded like it was stolen right out of their shop and they have the person on camera.  They said they know who did it, but can not find the car.   :verymad:

That's rough!!  Hopefully they'll track the car down.  :unbelievable:  It's a hard one to hide.

CudaMoparRay

Incredible, that such a thing can happen.

Rich G.

Almost makes you wonder how true this story is. Building up a story for an episode on GYC ? I hope for their sake it gets found if it really was stolen.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Rich G. on August 26, 2017, 05:33:37 AM
Almost makes you wonder how true this story is. Building up a story for an episode on GYC ? I hope for their sake it gets found if it really was stolen.

GYC's most recent post insists this is not a hoax and will not be on any episode, so it seems legit to me.  It also says the car was sold to someone in CO, so I've shared will all the Mopar clubs out here.

Cuda Cody

Darren Kirkpatrick called me a few days ago and while talking he mentioned that he heard it was an employee that did it and they have him on camera.

My thought was if they have him on camera and know who stole it, then that guy would be in arrested and in jail... UNLESS, he has some claim to the car?  So I am guessing he might have been "owed" something and felt he maybe had a right to the car?   :notsure:  That would make it a court case and not something the police would get involved with.  Just guessing at this point.  But since no name has been released and the contact info Mark keeps pushing is RecoverySystems.or@gmail.com and NOT THE POLICE it makes me think there is a lot more to this story then what they are telling us.   :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

I agree: There is a story not being told here. I think they had a photo of the car in a shop and were wondering if anyone recognized the shop as well. The car is being held for ransom or some such drama I think.
More important is where is the Mod Top Hemi? That one bugs me, as it is a true artifact missing.
Sheldon

CudaMoparRay

Noticed that they are asking whether anyone has seen Alyssa since the car disappeared. Could be she took it and it is a "play" father/daughter issue episode coming up. Might even be related to Mopar Sema advertising or both.
Not enough info yet to make a definite statement but anything goes in this kind of marketing arena.