ledphoot

saw this on facebook..

GoodysGotaCuda

Car has been gone for a week, that sucks. It's probably long gone  :Thud:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

RUNCHARGER

What a shame. Losing a store bought car is one thing but that would really hurt.
Sheldon

anlauto

That's why we properly insure stuff I guess :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ledphoot

My concern is if the Cuda I learned to drive in gets boosted... The money may purchase me another Cuda, but not THAT Cuda.

:(

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: ledphoot on August 11, 2018, 09:02:35 AM
My concern is if the Cuda I learned to drive in gets boosted... The money may purchase me another Cuda, but not THAT Cuda.

:(

Exactly.... Alan G always pins these cars to $$$ but for many of us $$$ have little connection to the true value......

ledphoot

It'd take $60K to purchase a Cuda close to what I am building... But the history of the car, how do I put a price tag on it? I am going to have a hard time with the insurance company on this issue, I am sure. Agreed value policy I guess.. I have one on one of my motorcycles, so at least I know it can be done.

JS29

You can't replace sentimental value! some times it's not just the car that was stolen.  :('

anlauto

They're just cars guys, it's not like his first born was in the back seat....

..and YES..."Alan G" doesn't put anything but a dollar figure on these things....

Maybe you haven't had some one close to you die, or maybe you haven't been sick enough, you thought you were dying....Whatever the case...you quickly learn there's more to life then some old car.....

So the guy's car is gone....if insured he takes a chunk of money and buys another...life goes on...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I wonder where some of these stolen cars end up.  You probably couldn't take it anywhere without it being recognized.  It's not like a yellow cuda gets lost in a crowd!
I'm sure some stolen vintage cars end up in shipping containers headed to eastern Europe or the Mideast.  But I doubt a modified cuda in the heartland would be a top target for a thief doing that.
Whatever the case, I find good Mopars to be hard to find and even if I had money to burn and open garage space, I wouldn't be too excited about the time and effort required trying to find a new ride. 

ledphoot

I am actually more concerned with this scenario than somebody boosting the Cuda. See pic.

Honda didn't see the car and slammed in to it.

1 Wild R/T

Yeah, thats a hard car to see..... If your f***ing blind.... 

ledphoot

RUNCHARGER

Accidents aren't as bad as they used to be. AMD metal, pretty much everything available and most cars are properly insured now. 20 or 30 years ago the insurance co. would total your car for a minor accident and if they did fix it they'd utilize questionable used parts from wherever to repair it.
Sheldon

71vert340

Quote from: anlauto on August 11, 2018, 10:55:19 AM
They're just cars guys, it's not like his first born was in the back seat....

..and YES..."Alan G" doesn't put anything but a dollar figure on these things....

Maybe you haven't had some one close to you die, or maybe you haven't been sick enough, you thought you were dying....Whatever the case...you quickly learn there's more to life then some old car.....

So the guy's car is gone....if insured he takes a chunk of money and buys another...life goes on...

I must agree with Alan here. If my convertible was stolen and never found, I would take the insurance money and buy something else. I have another 71 Challenger hardtop to drive and a couple of Chargers. I'd never be able to replace the 71 since the Shaker convertibles were made in limited numbers and mine is probably the only one in the color combination as it is.  It's my memories since I've had it since 1972 and my children have a few memories of riding in it but you can't transfer your memories to your kids and expect the same attachment. Family is more important. Just my 2 cents.  What would I get? Maybe a new Challenger SRT.  That said, I hope he gets his Cuda back. It's his memories that have been stolen..
Terry