Main Menu

aren't most cars 1 of 1 after you break down the options ?

Started by johnshotrods, November 07, 2022, 05:39:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

johnshotrods

Hey all , So i got my decoding paperwork from GTS yesterday and it seems to me that when you break down the cars according to there options list wouldn't it be pretty easy for most cars to be 1 of 1 ?
I,m a little confused on some of the terminology of certain options that are listed on my sheet that i don't see on the car . Or maybe they are there and i just don't understand what they mean .
Cant wait to chat with some of you guys an learn some more details about these cars . :dunno:

anlauto

It's probably more unlikely to find two identical cars when you start breaking down options....Let your questions flow here...we love to hear more about your car....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Other than T/As, AARs and Superbirds it is very uncommon to find 2 vintage Mopars that are identically optioned.

johnshotrods

Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2022, 06:38:29 PM
It's probably more unlikely to find two identical cars when you start breaking down options....Let your questions flow here...we love to hear more about your car....
One of the things that has me scratching my head about is he says my car is #68 of 291 w/o Mouldings/stripes . Now Im sure thats just what he has in his registry so far, but why would he say this when my car has the 440 hockey stick stripes or are those not considered a stripe ?
Also on the fender tag it has M25  Body sill mouldings , are those the sill plates inside the door that cover the edge of the carpet ? and wouldn't all cars have those ?  or are they describing something different .
i,m probably sounding really ignorant here but just trying to learn .   :dunno:

6bblgt

w/o mouldings/stripes *** would indicate that your car isn't coded for body-side mouldings V5? or stripes V6X

M25 are the STANDARD 'cuda "rocker fish gill" sill mouldings

6bblgt

& YES, most (non-program) cars are 1 of 1 - there are literally millions of possible combinations

johnshotrods

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 07, 2022, 07:54:16 PM
w/o mouldings/stripes *** would indicate that your car isn't coded for body-side mouldings V5? or stripes V6X

M25 are the STANDARD 'cuda "rocker fish gill" sill mouldings
AHHH  I got ya , so the reason i was confused is the fish gill mouldings on this car are GONE .  :(
Thats a BUMMER  , Really like the looks of those and I bet they aren't gonna be fun to find .
Thanks much for the info , I'm loving this site already .

torredcuda

I always get a kick out of posts or ads that boast 1 of 1, 1 of XX, or even better 1 of X "known to exist" due to certain options. As others have said there were so many combinations of options most cars are 1 of 1 if you break them down and nobody knows how many exist now except for a very few models like Hemi `verts.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

johnshotrods

Quote from: torredcuda on November 08, 2022, 04:08:39 AM
I always get a kick out of posts or ads that boast 1 of 1, 1 of XX, or even better 1 of X "known to exist" due to certain options. As others have said there were so many combinations of options most cars are 1 of 1 if you break them down and nobody knows how many exist now except for a very few models like Hemi `verts.
Quote from: torredcuda on November 08, 2022, 04:08:39 AM
Yeah i agree .  I figured it would come back saying that . Seems highly unlikely that two cars would ever be the same after breaking them down that far . LOL
I was more interested in seeing the numbers break down on the shaker hood , super track pack and the color options . Of course thats only what he has in his records to date .

Filthy Filbert

My car is 1 of 1.

it's the only car with the sequence number of 0B132719

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green