Main Menu

Argent

Started by cudaized, November 06, 2019, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaized

Live or Memorex?

Which is original or which is resprayed?
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

cudaized

11-20
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

CudaMoparRay

Sorry, no help, but subscribing to this thread as I too want to paint my grill Argent correct. Thanks :bigthumb:

Marty

Cuda Cody

To close to tell.   :popcorn:  What ones is what?

Chryco Psycho

I like the look of the slightly darker one out of the car , not sure when I last saw an original non faded 50 year old grille

anlauto

They all look good  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

Nice job. Now that you teased us tell us what you sprayed it with!!!

dodj

I thought the shade of argent was different between 70 and 71? Guess I'll just say you did a great job on all those parts.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cuda hunter

I'll take a stab at it. 

the one on the car is the respray.  The grill that is loose is the original spray color.

To me, in the first picture there is a slight yellowing of the installed grill.  Not enough to ever notice except that it is directly next to the original grill and at a distance.        Could be computer and camera lighting. 

Also, the loose grill is far more likely to be an NOS piece and not be faded where as the car has for sure at least been out in the sun some in it's life.

Regardless the repaint is so close that I don't think many folks would be able to tell a difference.   

great pics Ola!   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

:popcorn: I want to do my grill, I have got to do my rear body panel on my gran coup.   :perfect10: I will guess the grill on the car is original.  :alan2cents:

ec_co

the lighter one looks more original to me, looking at mine in comparison.

this thread reminds me I need to drop off my grill and lower at my paint guy. picked up the argent kit last year, hopefully turns out as nice as these
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Jocigar

73_Cuda_4_Me

Lighter one is original is my guess....
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

YellowThumper

I going to go against the grain and say they are both original...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.