Main Menu

Barracuda Hardtops and Coupes

Started by Mopsquad, August 04, 2021, 03:01:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopsquad

I'm re-reading Scott Ross's book on the E-body and when he was reciting the production figures for the '71 Barracuda, the numbers were broken down into (in short) to coupes and hardtops as separate entities.  What is the difference?

anlauto

Quote from: Mopsquad on August 04, 2021, 03:01:22 PM
I'm re-reading Scott Ross's book on the E-body and when he was reciting the production figures for the '71 Barracuda, the numbers were broken down into (in short) to coupes and hardtops as separate entities.  What is the difference?

Coupe has fixed rear quarter windows that don't roll down. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

318Stroker

Did they make a Barracuda coupe? I only know about the Challengers.

mopar jack

My 71 barracuda quarter windows do not roll down.

Burdar

Did they use a plug in the rear panels where the window crank hole is?

anlauto

Quote from: Burdar on August 05, 2021, 07:17:01 AM
Did they use a plug in the rear panels where the window crank hole is?

Yup :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda416

Huh, anyone have a picture of how it looks underneath the interior panels? I for one thought they all rolled down.
U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant

318Stroker

Did the Barracuda coupes have a BH21 VIN? I know the Challengers had a JH21 VIN in I believe 71. Were the Barracuda and Challenger E-body coupes made in both 70 and 71?

mopar jack

my barracuda is a BH23 with A93: A93   Coupe Package = Vinyl Bucket Seats (Low Trim Grade), Black Steering Wheel, Rear Quarter Windows Permanently Fixed, Black Sidewall D78 x 14 Tires, Hubcaps, Single Horn, Non-Prismatic Rearview Mirror and 2 Speed Wipers

318Stroker

Quote from: mopar jack on August 05, 2021, 11:21:41 AM
my barracuda is a BH23 with A93: A93   Coupe Package = Vinyl Bucket Seats (Low Trim Grade), Black Steering Wheel, Rear Quarter Windows Permanently Fixed, Black Sidewall D78 x 14 Tires, Hubcaps, Single Horn, Non-Prismatic Rearview Mirror and 2 Speed Wipers

Cool car in red. I see it's a 71. I'm thinking the Barracuda and Challenger coupes were 71 only, not sure if they made them in 70.

JS29

I Believe they did.   :alan2cents:

Mopsquad

Thanks for the info everyone.  That is a pretty stealth designation, at least from the outside view. Also, why it even exists.

Skdmark

A93 "Deputy" Challenger

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

6bblgt

the Challenger & Barracuda coupes were introduced during the spring of 1970 (as a savings "special" with a lower base MSRP) and were available as 1970 & 1971 models

they all have JH23 & BH23 VINS with the A93 OPTION package - some of the paperwork will show a JH21 or BH21 VIN prefix

6bblgt

Quote from: mopar jack on August 05, 2021, 11:21:41 AM

interesting that the tag shows the H6X9 interior VS. the expected STANDARD L6X9 interior  :thinking:   :clueless:  wonder if they ran out near the end of the model year?  @mopar jack  any of the original seat covers survive?  :takealook: