Main Menu

the 4dr Barracuda

Started by ec_co, July 15, 2017, 06:51:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

yeah, yeah ... most of us have heard it all already. but here it is. its not for everyone, but kudos to the builder for doing something different.

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Had a chance to look it over really good.  Like I've said before, it's not something I would do but I can appreciate all the custom work that went in to it.  It's pretty amazing what he went through to do that car.  I applaud him.

Cuda Cody

Some photos of Dave showing me some of the finer engineering details.

cuda hunter

Cool car for sure!  Thanks for posting. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda70-74

All i got to say about the 4 dr cuda is Thank God they didnt make it
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Cuda Cody

David Walden of ECS built it and owns it.

cuda dad

Perhaps he was inspired by the modern Charger.  I can't imagine a 4 door second gen charger but the barracuda actually looks pretty cool.

Spikedog08

He may have been influenced by the Chrysler broshure that showed a 4 door ebody cuda that was never made!  I have to applaud him as well . ..  certainly something I could never do!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

benlavigne

When the pictures firs came out a few months ago, I did not like the looks of it at all, and wondered why they did not go with a hardtop configuration, which would have been much more in character with the sporty Barracuda line... there was a drawing of something like that floating around, and it looked much better to my eye...

I asked Dave and while he also agreed, the reason they went to a sedan roofline, is availability, as they had to use existing windows (from a B-Body sedan in this case), so they would not need to get custom glass done, which could have doubled the project cost!

Still do not like it very much, but I applaud the effort and perseverance...

Ben

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 15, 2017, 07:07:46 AM
Had a chance to look it over really good.  Like I've said before, it's not something I would do but I can appreciate all the custom work that went in to it.  It's pretty amazing what he went through to do that car.  I applaud him.
I agree with you @Cuda Cody , yes it is a one of a kind, and great fab work, I just would not go this route.
Get in, I'll drive

erik70rt

I read the article and gave it a look on Sunday (when I could finally get out of my vendor spot for a bit).  I loved the detail and work that wnet into it.  Definitely different and unusual.  I agree with the others, while cool because it's different, I'm glad it was never a production car. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cudajason

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on July 17, 2017, 09:22:04 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 15, 2017, 07:07:46 AM
I agree with you @Cuda Cody , yes it is a one of a kind, and great fab work, I just would not go this route.

:iagree:

There is just something about the roofline that does not work for me.  I respect the work it took to build it, but its just not for me.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Deadeye74

As a guy that has had to mount and load two child cars seats in the back of a Cuda daily for some time...that car would have been a back saver!  :worship: Too late for me though!  :haha:

larry4406

Lot of effort. Not for me either

Wood grain billboards would have been funny.