Main Menu

Bittersweet

Started by SeventyTX9RTRag, March 17, 2023, 06:55:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SeventyTX9RTRag

Well, I sold my AAR today. Original drive train partial original paint, automatic, and a ton of paperwork. I knew when I sold this car it would take a while to replace it.
Timing was right, but still hard to part with a piece of history that you know will be hard to replicate. Never taken apart and messed with just a good car.

anlauto

How about a picture or two  :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SeventyTX9RTRag

I will find another one.

Snowdog

In the meantime you can order on of these.  https://www.performance-years.com/Product/Detail.aspx?id=6088

The Die Cast version of your car.......just a little bit smaller.

Beautiful car,  I have the modern Challenger version of it, in B5 Blue of course. 

anlauto

Beautiful car....you don't see a lot of B5 blue with the vinyl top...Nice  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SeventyTX9RTRag

I liked it because it had not been messed with. Not perfect but just a good ole' car.

Katfish

You post, "I'll find another"

Looks like a great car, so I gotta ask, why sell it?

SeventyTX9RTRag

Great question. Basically, just need to sale some cars, and life changes.

Chryco Psycho

My ? exactly ... I will find another one , well you already had a good one !!
I have been offered good $$ for mine many times but the $$ means nothing I bought the car because I like it , not selling !

SeventyTX9RTRag

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 18, 2023, 09:39:26 PM
My ? exactly ... I will find another one , well you already had a good one !!
I have been offered good $$ for mine many times but the $$ means nothing I bought the car because I like it , not selling !

Prior to selling the AAR I owned ten cars, too many for me. Plus bought a home in SW Fl and have been here for the Winter. Not spending as much time with the collection in Clt. (Did bring a 67 Vette convertible with me to FL though) Having ten cars to keep up becomes work not fun. So will sell some off and reassess.

Katfish

Makes sense, when a hobby becomes work, it's not a hobby.
Biggest mistake I've made is selling my 71 454 convertible Vette.
Smart move keeping the 67.

moparx5

aaahhhhh luxury problems,,,, good problem to have,,,i tapped out at 4 cars and seriously one has to go,,,, cant keep em all but the memories never go

70Challenger440

My rule of thumb has always been (unless the money is needed), only sell cars you won't want to replace. The rare ones end up costing too much to replace as time passes and pay for themselves if kept.

RUNCHARGER

We all have different needs and values. My personal feeling is that if you aren't using it there is no use having it. I enjoy building old cars but find after a few years of owning them I get antsy and want something else. After selling my two Hemi Challengers I have been tempted to do another one but haven't and am not sure I will now. And I think if I would just be looking at it in the garage and only taking it out once in awhile to drive what's the point anyway. Taking them to shows to "impress" other people isn't my thing either.
I have a few friends with 10 or more cars and to me that's just a full time job keeping up with cleaning and maintenance let alone throw down work and cash drain if more than one is a project car.
Sheldon

70Challenger440

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 31, 2023, 07:22:14 AM
We all have different needs and values. ...... And I think if I would just be looking at it in the garage and only taking it out once in awhile to drive what's the point anyway. Taking them to shows to "impress" other people isn't my thing either.
I have a few friends with 10 or more cars and to me that's just a full time job keeping up with cleaning and maintenance let alone throw down work and cash drain if more than one is a project car.

So true about different needs & scenarios. I have a decent sized stable of cars yet never go to car shows, because I am not doing it to impress anyone either. Being all in very good condition, the upkeep and time involved is minimal. And they cost me nothing since they all went up in value. Plus it distributes the wear and tear on them so they stay nice while being able to drive often without boredom of always the same car.