Main Menu

broadcast sheet

Started by Arctoad, February 27, 2019, 04:58:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Arctoad

Has anyone found a broadcast sheet in a place that is unusual in there car? I'm trying to find mine and have looked in the places that there found most of the time but nothing..
:crying:

70 Challenger Lover

If your car was built at the Los Angeles plant (code E on your VIN), then chances are the build sheet was never left inside the car during production. The LA plant build sheets typically are not found.

Arctoad

Aar1064

70 Challenger Lover

JOB then. Not an LA car. There is a registry for these cars and the guy has found build sheets that he has been holding for cars like yours

Arctoad

your referring to no other than Barry Washington right?
he is aware of my car, unfortunately nothing yet..
I've checked thoroughly under the dash and under the seats etc.. nothing, disappointing but I haven't removed seats yet to take the carpet out I've got my fingers crossed.

70 Challenger Lover

Check behind the plastic seat backs too

BIGSHCLUNK

I've had my entire interior out.....  :headbang:

Arctoad

I'm guess you didn't find it.. :Thud:

anlauto

That's why so much emphases and value are put on an original broadcast sheet because they are very rarely found in a car, specially 50 years later. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

Mine was behind the seat back--and it is the only one I found and my car was pretty much original.
JS27

Arctoad

Very cool! I still have hope but at this point even if it were under the carpet it'll likely be damaged unless it some how is under the carpet where the seat is. I have heard of it being under the head liner but.. I'm not crazy about taking the headliner apart. After all it is going to be a driver for awhile.
:stayinlane:

e_body70

If you haven't already, check behind and on top of the glove box!  They are also known to be there as well.

HEMICUDA

Taking apart 30+ ebodies, I've never seen a broadcast sheet above the headliner or under the carpeting.

js27

Quote from: e_body70 on February 28, 2019, 08:20:08 AM
If you haven't already, check behind and on top of the glove box!  They are also known to be there as well.

Yes I found one there also on a 70 R/T 383 car.
JS27