Main Menu

California duster (not the car)

Started by headejm, June 08, 2022, 09:50:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

Anyone have comments or recommendations on a "California duster" type car duster? Do they work? Brands to avoid?  :cheers:

Burdar

They work very well.  You need to be aware of some things though.

1. They have a waxy substance on the fibers.  That's what lifts the dust off the paint.
2. Do not get them wet.
3. They work better after a few uses when they get dirty.
4.  If you press too hard, they can leave some of the waxy substance on the paint.  This is especially true when they are new and don't have a layer of dust built-up on them.  Just a light touch is needed.  Don't use a brand new one for the first time at a car show...you'll have waxy streaks all over the car.   

anlauto

:haha: :haha: :haha: I remember years ago, my Father thought he was doing me a favor by throwing mine in the wash... :rofl: :rofl: so much for that Duster.. :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mopsquad

Quote from: anlauto on June 08, 2022, 10:47:59 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: I remember years ago, my Father thought he was doing me a favor by throwing mine in the wash... :rofl: :rofl: so much for that Duster.. :crying:

You can't throw them in the wash?  Doh!

blown motor

Best duster ever. I liked it so much I bought the small triangular one for dusting in the house. My friend has had one for decades. His is almost black and it still works great.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Mopsquad

If you can't wash them, how do you clean them?  Blow it out with an air compressor?

blown motor

You don't clean it really. I just give mine a shake or a light rub through with my hand. They just keep on working.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel