Main Menu

Cat Whisker/window Sweep 70 Challenger

Started by hrtbkr, May 20, 2021, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

hrtbkr

Hi
I bought a set of Top Cat whisker sweeps that I'm trying to install on my '70 Challenger door panels.
It looks like they clamp on the plastic edge.
The gap looks much too small to force them on sideways and they won't slide on from the end.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Purepony

I have some too and they don't fit they actually slip out.
I'm going to try to glue them on and see if I can slightly open them

Aftermarket junk

jt4406

QuoteAftermarket junk
My experience also, simply did not fit and wouldn't stay on. Rolling the window up would pull the last 4 or 5 inches at the front loose from the door panel. Glue will not stick to the door panel. I finally found a decent set of originals, problem solved. Jess in ky
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

hrtbkr

After several unsuccessful attempts, I ended up using the PUI felts.
These pop rivet to the plastic panels and actually don't look bad once the door panel's installed.
These can easily be removed by drilling the rivets out.
I see lots of people carrying the Top Cat felts around at the swaps, I'm hoping someone will still chime in with installation ideas.
Thanks

Mrbill426

@hrtbkr did you get the PUI set with the outside (door) felts?  Wondering how those fit.

Quote from: hrtbkr on June 01, 2021, 09:51:26 PM
After several unsuccessful attempts, I ended up using the PUI felts.
These pop rivet to the plastic panels and actually don't look bad once the door panel's installed.
These can easily be removed by drilling the rivets out.
I see lots of people carrying the Top Cat felts around at the swaps, I'm hoping someone will still chime in with installation ideas.
Thanks

hrtbkr

I have a right '71 door, so I bought a 1971 up set and used screws for everything.
The PUI looks good (my opinion), but the door panel felts don't attach at the ends.
They'll do for the time.

I've been told the Top Cats WILL press on the panels.  Could be I have weak fingers.
I'm going to leave a panel out in the sun to soften it a bit and/or maybe find someone with stronger hands