Main Menu

Challenger is on the road and driving...

Started by ledphoot, August 04, 2018, 08:12:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

So we got the Challenger's alignment done and the exhaust buttoned up. She's been out on the road and runs / drives great. The Tremec works great, the MSD Atomic EFI is functioning nicely, although the documentation has some errors with regards to timing control, figured it out with some experimentation. It's really nice to have the car back on the road and ready to be buttoned up. Will get the hood on, the battery tie-down handled tomorrow.

Will be replacing the firm feel stage III steering box though. It literally had two miles on it when it got the alignment done and the bearing is shot, it's sloppy. Will be doing a borgenson box on her like we did on the Cuda.... Bought the firm feel box 14 years ago, installed it and then the car just sat.. Sad, but oh well.. Small issue.

Cuda Cody

Sounds good!  Congratulations.   :bravo:    :veryexcited:

ledphoot

Kind of interesting that after 15 years of sitting she is going after ~4 months worth of work and not a lot of money, I think we spent less than $3000, mostly on the MSD Atomic and the wheels / tires. We had the bulk of the stuff sitting in my shop.

Can't wait to get the Cuda back on the road as well. The Challenger got a LOT of attention today, I can only imagine when my brother and I take both of them out.

1 Wild R/T

Welcome to Downtown Oakdale :rofl:....  Good to see the Challenger back with the living.... 

ledphoot

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 04, 2018, 09:44:18 PM
Welcome to Downtown Oakdale :rofl:....  Good to see the Challenger back with the living....

LoL you certainly will not miss my brother if you seem him in this car :)

You'll see the Cuda out and about before too long. We should go do lunch at Scenic Drive In or some other hole in the wall place when the Cuda comes on line...

:)

1 Wild R/T

Definitely should get together... Maybe get a few other guys to come out too....  Haven't hit Scenic in years, use to live a block from there, straight through the graveyard...  Lately we've been doing car gatherings at Fast Eddie's MOAB...

ledphoot

Damn I haven't been to Fast Eddie's in like 10 years.

usraptor

Congratulations on getting her back on the road.  I know from personal experience that it's a great feeling.  :banana:

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

Yes: To me it just isn't a real car unless it is running and driving. If they don't drive, they're just a pile of expensive parts.
Sheldon

ledphoot

Cudajason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

RUNCHARGER

Whoa! That makes a big difference, that does look good.
Sheldon

ledphoot

All that's left is to put in the carpet, rear deck panel, reupholster rear seat and stereo. Maybe vintage air ;)

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!