Main Menu

AAR strobe stripe source

Started by Aar1064, July 10, 2017, 08:01:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Aar1064

Ok I'm ready to purchase this iconic feature of these cars but want to make sure I get one that is correct in every way.

Thanks

Cuda Cody

I've not had the pressure of needing that stripe yet so I'm not sure who makes the best one.  Lot of people have used Phoenix Graphix and Performance Car Graphics.

bpsmopar

Dave at Performance Car Graphics has supplies me with all my large stripe packages on many
cars over the the last 20+ years. Quality stripes packaged well with directions & a urgency to
satisfy.
He also offers the best Rallye Dash Woodgrain panels on the market used by the best restoration
shops in the business.
He can supply most any decal, label & stripe one may need. Dave has been doing this full time
For many years. :twothumbsup:

HUSTLESTUFF

I have a NOS one I won't be using.   :wowzers: :wowzers: :wowzers:

Aar1064

I will check with Dave at PCG but website says he doesn't have the badge.

anlauto

I've bought my AAR stripe from PCG, try picking up the phone and asking. PERFORMANCE CAR GRAPHICS is by far the best in the business :alan2cents: In my opinion. :P
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Aar1064

Quote from: anlauto on July 11, 2017, 03:58:19 AM
I've bought my AAR stripe from PCG, try picking up the phone and asking. PERFORMANCE CAR GRAPHICS is by far the best in the business :alan2cents: In my opinion. :P

I'll give him a call

Aar1064

Has anyone ever noticed that near the end of each side, the sixth stripe counting back from the shield is disproportionately bigger than the 7th and 5th on some or all original stripes? A friend of mine brought this to my attention.

Not sure about the red one but the yellow one is a pic I took of a survivor at the NATS last year.

Edit: added more pics

Aar1064

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on July 10, 2017, 09:08:21 PM
I have a NOS one I won't be using.   :wowzers: :wowzers: :wowzers:

I'd like to have a NOS. If in good shape, it may be worth the gamble.

303 Mopar

Another vote for PCG.  Always a fresh cut graphic, incredibly helpful and great customer service.  Dave offers more than just stock black too. 

HUSTLESTUFF

Quote from: Aar1064 on July 11, 2017, 04:08:26 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that near the end of each side, the sixth stripe counting back from the shield is disproportionately bigger than the 7th and 5th on some or all original stripes? A friend of mine brought this to my attention.

Not sure about the red one but the yellow one is a pic I took of a survivor at the NATS last year.

I'll look at my NOS stripe in the morning to compare.  The box is early 80's or late 70's.

AAR#2

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on July 12, 2017, 12:02:31 AM
Quote from: Aar1064 on July 11, 2017, 04:08:26 AM

I'll look at my NOS stripe in the morning to compare.  The box is early 80's or late 70's.

Late 70's or early 80's may be NOS but may not be the same as factory installed. This would not be the first case where parts counter items don't reflect assembly line equipment.

HUSTLESTUFF

So I measured my 12-79 dated NOS stripes. The sixth is larger than both 5 & 7. Also fourth is smaller than 1/2/3 which are all same size

HUSTLESTUFF

Looked back at yellow pic above and you can see same thing. Mike

Aar1064

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on July 12, 2017, 12:52:08 PM
Looked back at yellow pic above and you can see same thing. Mike

Yes I see that also.................I PM'd you.