Main Menu

Convertible Top Boot Covers

Started by erik70rt, June 11, 2019, 07:50:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Does anyone reproduce a nice convertible top boot cover that actually fits???   :pullinghair:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

anlauto

I've had no problem with the last three I've bought from Legendary Auto Interiors.... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

I'm guessing you just bought a new one & it is to big?  What usually happens is people climb on the rear seat back & it bends/folds/collapses rearward.... From the seat channel to the back edge of the trim on my Challenger measures 17.5".. 

erik70rt

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 11, 2019, 08:15:03 AM
I'm guessing you just bought a new one & it is to big?  What usually happens is people climb on the rear seat back & it bends/folds/collapses rearward.... From the seat channel to the back edge of the trim on my Challenger measures 17.5"..

The one I bought is too small.  Won't clip into place - you get one side clipped and then when you do the other side it pops off.  Wish they would make them with a slight stretch like the originals had.

I had a Legendary on my last convertible 10 years ago and it did the same thing.  I ordered another one from them this morning so we'll see what I get. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Rich G.

I got one from legendary last year. I just let it sit in the sun for a few minutes before I snap it on and I have no problems.

anlauto

You're likely not engaging the clips fully....they're not easy to do...Sunshine is your friend. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

Mine was also from Legendary and had no problems at all with it in the 20 years I had it.. Sometimes the clips around the corners needed a bit more force to click in but they would hold.
JS27

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: js27 on June 11, 2019, 09:24:24 AM
Mine was also from Legendary and had no problems at all with it in the 20 years I had it.. Sometimes the clips around the corners needed a bit more force to click in but they would hold.
JS27

Yup, mine needs to warm up before it stretches enough & even then the corners can be tough...