Main Menu

correct decal? 1970 R/T Challenger "V-CODE" 440+6 air cleaner

Started by 6bblgt, June 16, 2022, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

which decal is correct for a '70 440 SIX PACK Challenger R/T air cleaner lid built in HAMTRAMCK?

were both of these decals used, different years, early VS. late - B-body VS. E-body - Hamtramck VS. Lynch Rd VS. St Louis VS. Los Angeles  :clueless:

jt4406

"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

anlauto

Interesting, don't recall seeing that top one before  :thinking: :clueless:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

anyone with a SIX PACK Challenger R/T (or any other SIX PACK Dodge) what's on your car?

@VCODE is there an air cleaner pic from your yellow car?  What's on the R/T SE?

Skdmark

:alan2cents:

Either with the 440 Magnum or no decal at all.
The non-magnum decal looks like it was modeled after the T/A version.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

VCODE

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 17, 2022, 06:18:09 PM
anyone with a SIX PACK Challenger R/T (or any other SIX PACK Dodge) what's on your car?

@VCODE is there an air cleaner pic from your yellow car?  What's on the R/T SE?

@66bblgt
Dan, From what I remember my 440-6 I purchased new did not have a 440 decal. No Picture of it so I can't prove it
The RT /SE is sold but it was a 440-4
Bob

anlauto

During a GOOGLE search I found a "survivor"  and it did not have a decal either :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

VCODE

Quote from: anlauto on June 18, 2022, 05:39:39 AM
During a GOOGLE search I found a "survivor"  and it did not have a decal either :thinking:

Asked about this to a Mopar guy who has pictures of survivor E bodies and B bodies.
No pictures of the decal on the e -bodies. As said before I do not remmeber it being on my 6Pack Challenger
But no pictures of the air cleaner. I was just 17 and now a little older.
Bob

BigSig 6 Barrel

Here's another barn find photo (1970 Challenger ~ factory unknown)
Surly there's a factory issued photo out there that would clear this up  ...  :notsure:

~ A Wise Man Knows He Isn't