Main Menu

Dash options T/A

Started by Arctoad, December 07, 2023, 08:39:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Arctoad

Hey everyone got a question,
Just noticed that apparently I have an instrument cluster from a Cuda or Barracuda in my 1970 T/A. I recently seen an episode on GYC of the 1970 T/A about options regarding the 2 and 3 speed wiper motors.
My car has a 2 speed wiper motor which would unless ordered would have a non Rallye cluster, to which I don't, fine.. But the episode also showed the difference between the Challenger cluster and the Cuda, this is where I noticed I had the wrong cluster.
Would it be possible to have from the factory this dash cluster in it?
I do not have a Build sheet but it does have the Challenger dash pad original in it.
Thanks

318Stroker

I can't make out the gauge fonts in your picture to tell exactly what you have, but the woodgrain dash on the non-rallye cluster would have been standard on a Challenger S/E or a Barracuda Gran Coupe in 1970. It was not available as a stand-alone option

Mixup7071

I had that wood grain standard dash on a 1970 dodge 318 challenger convertible and I have a friend that has that same dash on a 1971 challenger convertible 318

Cuda Cody

The back of the cluster has a lot of date codes on them.  You might be able to use a mirror and see the back of the cluster to see some of the date codes.  That would tell you if there's any chance that it was in the car originally. For example, this photo is one that has the date stamp of the 314th day of 1969 (a 1970 dash).

Arctoad

Good Morning Cody,
I remembered looking for this before last year or so and came across this article on Hamtramck Historical. Thought I'd post it. I had already took out the cluster to clean it after I purchased the car and seen no evidence of it being removed before me. I should have taken pictures of the date codes..

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/aarta/interiors/interiors.html

If you scroll down to dash options you'll see the j64 option only for T/A's

anlauto

Quote from: Arctoad on December 08, 2023, 07:24:15 AMGood Morning Cody,
I remembered looking for this before last year or so and came across this article on Hamtramck Historical. Thought I'd post it. I had already took out the cluster to clean it after I purchased the car and seen no evidence of it being removed before me. I should have taken pictures of the date codes..

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/aarta/interiors/interiors.html

That's interesting, I would have thought no way that dash would be in a T/A  :thinking:

If you scroll down to dash options you'll see the j64 option only for T/A's

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Mr Cuda

That's pretty cheap. 
 Of course,  if you want a wood grain standard dash, I have an original 70.
 And a clock.