Main Menu

Need input from the experts

Started by blown motor, November 10, 2018, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

I owned a 73 for 25 years a long time ago and they were orange way back then. Makes you wonder why???? There must be the correct a somewhere. LOL

1 Wild R/T

Orange looked good on many colors..... But E body owners have generally always been enthusiasts & enthusiasts tend to personalize their cars...   I remember in 74-75 time frame two friends pulling the inserts & painting them orange.....

I've seen a few painted other colors but it never looked good...

OE was always Black but painted red/orange on certain body colors looks really good IMO....

Spikedog08

Mine are argent . . I think that is the best choice.  I agree with Alan, not orange from the factory . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

js27

YES....from the factory the famous "hockey stick" stripe ONLY came in gloss black, not white, not red, not even matte black.

Alan,
All factory 70 Cuda hockey stick stripes were only Gloss Black  ?? I knew they only came in black but all the ones I have ever seen on Black cars seemed to be more of a matte finish. The paint was definitely shinier than the stripes were. Even on Black AARs and TA's or are these incorrect reproductions stripes ? I remember seeing many stripes back in the 70's but my memory is not that good  to say for sure they were gloss finish.
JS27

anlauto

AAR's and T/A's were matte black, Hockey Sticks gloss black....maybe not as glossy as the paint, but certainly not flat black.
I just put matte black ones on a black 70 Cuda as per the owner's wishes.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

Alan,
I worked for a national sign company for 15 years and spent 8 years running the graphics dept. and the last 7 years running the digital print center. I work with vinyl all day long--3M-Oracal-General Foumulations-etc. Our gloss black vinyl is very shiny and our matte black is matte of course. This is why I questions it The Hockey Sticks I have seen are more matte than gloss but again they could have all been reproductions. I know I have seen original cars but I can not say for sure if they were gloss or matte. Years ago there was a 70 --440+6 all black Cuda for say with a red hockey stick and the owner swore it was correct and said he had documentation but I never believed it. Anyway Thanks for your input..You learn something new everyday...
JS27