Main Menu

Drink holder?

Started by scf100, February 25, 2018, 07:39:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

scf100

Ok,
So what kind of drink holder can you put in an e-body?

Saw this console in a car on ebay
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

cuda hunter

I saw that also.  Already logged that idea.  I really like it.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Marc70challenger

I just hold it between my legs.  Easy access too ... like the other day I saw this idiot texting while driving, so I rolled down my window, pulled up next to him and threw my beer at his car.   

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Marc70challenger on February 25, 2018, 08:19:52 PM
I just hold it between my legs.  Easy access too ... like the other day I saw this idiot texting while driving, so I rolled down my window, pulled up next to him and threw my beer at his car.

:haha: :haha: :rofl:

jimynick

Empty of course, I hope Mark? LOL  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Marc70challenger

Quote from: jimynick on February 25, 2018, 08:25:55 PM
Empty of course, I hope Mark? LOL  :cheers:

1/2 full. Need some weight when you toss it. But I had a 12 pack on the passenger seat, so I wasn't dry.  rofl:

scf100

thanks for the humor fellas but lets stay on topic..... :foul:

Marc70challenger

Quote from: scf100 on February 26, 2018, 06:55:11 AM
thanks for the humor fellas but lets stay on topic..... :foul:

Apologies. 

On topic, personally, I wouldn't cut up anything.  There's plenty of options/products on market now for cup holders.

If I were to do one in the Challenger I would fabricate an arm that swung out from the underside of the dash to an aftermarket holder.  Hard to explain I guess.  But so that the arm is held in by simple nut and bolt I could take out. 

With this you can manipulate length, angle, etc.  and hide it if you wanted. 

scf100

HAS anyone attempted to make a drink holder that would push into ash tray slot on dash?

seen that on old trucks

72 Challenger

I find the ash tray is so damn far away. I used it to hold an ipod for music and it drove me mad.

I never bring drinks that are not water in the car so I never really need a cup holder but for those long drives I see a lot of people use those ones that slip into the window. Quickly removed to keep the stock look.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Cudakiller70

No cup holder needed, this is how you do it. Sorry couldn't resist  :lurking:

Ok back on topic, I'm trying to find a post if I'm remembering right where a center console from a Dakota would work

Racer57

Wife got me this a couple years ago. Its just sits there and is not fastened. Has aluminum piece on bottom that you bend so you can "custom fit !! " to your car.   
http://www.cupholdersplus.com/low-rider-shorty-floor-console.html

cataclysm80

I've seen a cup holder that was made to go into an E body ashtray. 
It replaced the ashtray, and held two drinks side by side.

1 Wild R/T

GoodysGotaCuda

No drinks here. No console and a 6spd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs