Main Menu

E-Body Ride Quality

Started by PLUM72, January 30, 2020, 12:01:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 31, 2020, 05:08:41 AM
my pink 70 Fury, that car "glides" down the road.
@HEMICUDA
Any chance of a pic of that car? Can't be too many pink ones out there?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

HEMICUDA

Quote from: dodj on February 01, 2020, 04:43:05 PM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 31, 2020, 05:08:41 AM
my pink 70 Fury, that car "glides" down the road.
@HEMICUDA
Any chance of a pic of that car? Can't be too many pink ones out there?

Not many, it's the only one known.  I purchased it from the original owner, if it wasn't pink, it would have been a derby car years ago.  Click on the picture in the link, many more will show up.  It was a featured car in Mopar Collectors Guide a few years ago.  I purchased it from the father of the 3900 mile survivor 6bbl Cuda I bought.  They ordered the two cars at the same time and the dealer convinced MOPAR into the paint.  The car was taken off the assembly line and specially painted in the "in-plant paint shop" then put back on the assembly line.  FM3 paint didn't exist in a cbody plant.  That car is pretty cool with a white painted top and painted wheels with dog dish hub caps.  I restored the car to "as delivered" condition, nothing added.  I was able to find date coded black and charcoal vinyl for the interior.  Notice the miss-spelling on the fender tag, yes, they are original.
https://pantherpink.com/cars_c.htm

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

JS29