Main Menu

OT But with 1 E-body in pics! Introduced My Latest Ride Sunday!

Started by Bills Auto Works, September 22, 2021, 06:06:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Bills Auto Works

Hello Everyone,

I usually build my cars, but this time I purchased one that doesn't need much. The older I get the more I like the oddball lower production stuff you don't see much of.

Here is my 1955 Nash Ambassador Custom Lemans. It is a completely rust-free car that someone took great care of over the years. The Lemans package was the optional dual carb, higher horsepower engine that they used for racing in the Nash Healey the previous year.Production was around 2500 units, I have not researched how many were 4 doors yet.

Also some pictures of a few of the other nice rides at the show.

Weather was perfect & this was the first time driving the car so I was glad that it made the 35 mile round trip successfully. Steering box needs rebuilt as it has lots of play & all the shims have already been removed. Low speed steering was interesting, but the car rode like a dream at 55-60 on our country roads! It also needs a fuel pump, water pump as well as a couple of pot metal pieces chromed. The only other plans for it over winter are to detail the engine compartment & the trunk. Kind of nice to have one that I didn't have to do a restoration on!

I am also blessed to have a girl (Laura) who loves the cars, cruises, shows. I can see next year she will be driving one of the cars to the cruises & shows (probably my XLR-V with the roof down! :o)

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

318Stroker

DeathProofCuda

70vert