Main Menu

Ebrake

Started by nsmall, February 01, 2017, 09:10:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

I need an e-brake set up.  Inlinetube.com was recommended via Roseville.  I see Mopar Dave mentioned I need to know 3 piece without intermediate or 4 piece with.  How do I know what I need?  I have have the pedal and release handle.  There's nothing under the car that resembles an e-brake.

Thanks

Cuda Cody

I'm not 100% up to speed on the 73 Cudas, but I think you need the intermediate cable.  Part number BSH7021 = 1972-1974 Complete Set Cuda w/Intermediate.  I thought it was 1970 that was the odd year and the 71's and up used the intermediate cable.  I bet @Burdar would know.  He's kinda the 72 and up expert.

anlauto

:iagree: 73's use an intermediate cable  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

1970 was a one year only deal.  Both rear cables attach to a bracket on the drivers side.(ds and ps cables are different lengths)  71-74 use the same length rear cables.  An intermediate cable is used to connect them to the front cable.

I would used Inline Tube.  I got mine from Fine Lines and it didn't fit.  I had to mix and match pieces and by a different intermediate cable to get it hooked up.  Fine Lines just buys their kits from someone else any way.  I think Inline Tube makes their own. 

Fine Lines for brake/fuel lines...Inline Tube for E-brake kits.  :alan2cents:

nsmall

I just ordered the whole kit (stainless) from inline.  Thanks for the help

Question, would it be best to mock the ebrake up now before I tear the car down for paint?

Reason I am asking is I am installing mancini subframe connectors http://www.manciniracing.com/maebo19.html

Im thinking I should install the frame connectors now, and then install the ebrake so I know what modifications I need to make for the ebrake?

Sound good? 

Thanks

Cuda Cody

Dead on correct.   :alan2cents:   It's a brilliant idea to test fit the E-Brake with the sub-frame connectors in before painting.

Quote from: nsmall on February 02, 2017, 09:30:59 AM
I just ordered the whole kit (stainless) from inline.  Thanks for the help

Question, would it be best to mock the ebrake up now before I tear the car down for paint?

Reason I am asking is I am installing mancini subframe connectors http://www.manciniracing.com/maebo19.html

Im thinking I should install the frame connectors now, and then install the ebrake so I know what modifications I need to make for the ebrake?

Sound good? 

Thanks

HP_Cuda

That's usin the old noggin!!!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Burdar

Test fit as much as possible before paint.  There is a reason Hot Rod builders completely assemble a car first, then tear it down for paint.