Main Menu

EFI Conversion - Where to place hole in firewall for harness

Started by Mopsquad, July 06, 2018, 08:54:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Ok and good luck deciding.

I did just hit another junk yard. Looks like it is a Dodge standard across many vehicles and years. The one I got was from a full size van. It also looks to be the same on the Ram trucks and also Durangos. Truck one I saw was 1995 and Durango was 2001. Van was much easier to access.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Mopsquad

Here's a pic of the aftermarket A/C kit at blower motor hole.  It looks a little cluttered and if I use the blower hole in advance of the AC install, I'll have to add an extra hole through the firewall plate once I install the AC.

YellowThumper

Here is what I am planning on using. IIRC you can pass thru firewall from outer interior edge that will be inside the fenderwell.
Doing this setup, not for cosmetic reasons but to keep lines away from turbo header

Mike.

Mopsquad

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 22, 2018, 12:44:33 PM
Here is what I am planning on using. IIRC you can pass thru firewall from outer interior edge that will be inside the fenderwell.
Doing this setup, not for cosmetic reasons but to keep lines away from turbo header

Looks really clean, but I have to submit to the config with the AC kit - a square pattern as opposed to linear.

Mopsquad

Thanks to the members especially yellowt...., my mindset was able to see into the future. I am installing aftermarket AC and upon investigation, those kits use the heater blower hole for ALL the heat/AC components.  This creates an ideal location for the harness to go through. The AC conversion is in the future but the EFI is now. I'll probably delete the heater box and use the heater hole and a plug/oversize grommet temporarily.  Just feed the harness through there.

YellowThumper

Cool. That is exactly where I am now. AC is in my future as well. Removed heater box with no replacement for now. Figured it is a good weather car anyway.

Good luck

Mike.

Mopsquad

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 30, 2018, 08:37:47 PM
Cool. That is exactly where I am now. AC is in my future as well. Removed heater box with no replacement for now. Figured it is a good weather car anyway.

Good luck

Thx! This car will never see anything below 55* here in Palm Springs. 

YellowThumper

Mike.

dsim340

i have fitech efi installed on my 73 dodge challenger. i used existing hole left over from removing old heating system.i installed vintage air Gen IV. Your auto parts store should have a variety of plugs and grommets you can use.
DSIMPSON

Mopsquad

Thx for the suggestion.  Much appreciated!

In the middle of installing the fuel system right now.  Removed stock 1/4" line and running a 3/8 steel line piggy backed on the stock 3/8 line.  For return fuel.
Tanks inc EFI tank.