Main Menu

Ever been scammed on here?

Started by HITTER23, August 24, 2020, 10:08:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on August 24, 2020, 07:43:59 PM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on August 24, 2020, 04:57:16 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on August 24, 2020, 04:54:52 PM
There was 2 new members that posted on an old thread that seemed suspicious so I " reported to moderator" as suspicious, I see they are gone now so I guess I was right? 

https://forum.e-bodies.org/general-topics/7/property-for-sale-in-bc-with-cars/1255/

Yes actually I got the first one and before I could send the other packing . . Cody beat me to it!  lol.

That guy wanted cheap farming land in central asia.  Had absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

Just to mention it, I've had zero problems on this site.  Of course I am cautious with anyone but I've sent thousands to folks trusting that I would actually get the part.  So far I've had good luck.   

Yea I was wondering about that too this morning....you have to wonder what people are thinking, or what they're up to  :crazytalk:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

HITTER23

I dont know what this says about me , but im drawing these scams like flies to.....

patrickjoseph0232

Get in touch with Jason he as a for sale for what you wanna buy martinsjason26@gmail.com

Sent from my TECNO LB8a using Tapatalk

Spikedog08

Quote from: HITTER23 on August 27, 2020, 09:14:24 AM
I dont know what this says about me , but im drawing these scams like flies to.....

patrickjoseph0232

Get in touch with Jason he as a for sale for what you wanna buy martinsjason26@gmail.com

Ok you lost me on this one . . .  :huh:  Which is a member here? 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

HITTER23

Quote from: Spikedog08 on August 27, 2020, 09:26:57 AM

patrickjoseph0232

You have just been sent a personal message by patrickjoseph0232 on E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

blown motor

@Spikedog08 @Cuda Cody @Chryco Psycho   A HUGE thank you to you guys for all you do for the site.  :worship:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

Quote from: HITTER23 on August 27, 2020, 09:33:35 AM

patrickjoseph0232

You have just been sent a personal message by patrickjoseph0232 on E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

So I searched for each one of those email addresses and neither showed up?  So I'm still confused . .

RzeroB

Quote from: Spikedog08 on August 24, 2020, 04:46:21 PM
The IP address for Ricky was assigned to a scamming company . . Pretty much it is a company that their business is to steal from people.   Sad days . . 

Wonder what it pays. . .   :thinking:

@Spikedog08   I'm no computer expert so I find it interesting that you could figure that out. How do you do that? Sounds to me like that would be almost an essential skill in today's online world. Is there a program or website that helps you figure it out or do just have to have computer expertise to do it?
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

HITTER23

Quote from: Spikedog08 on August 27, 2020, 10:42:08 AM

patrickjoseph0232

So I searched for each one of those email addresses and neither showed up?  So I'm still confused . .

I have no idea, im just copying and pasting what i received in email and on messages on here.

Spikedog08

Quote from: HITTER23 on August 27, 2020, 11:02:28 AM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on August 27, 2020, 10:42:08 AM

patrickjoseph0232

I have no idea, im just copying and pasting what i received in email and on messages on here.

So I have to assume that the answer is that the members with those emails have already been deleted and this is the reason I cannot find them.  If any more PM's come though, please send them my way and I will look into it again. 

Spikedog08

Quote from: RzeroB on August 27, 2020, 10:52:41 AM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on August 24, 2020, 04:46:21 PM
The IP address for Ricky was assigned to a scamming company . . Pretty much it is a company that their business is to steal from people.   Sad days . . 

Wonder what it pays. . .   :thinking:

@Spikedog08   I'm no computer expert so I find it interesting that you could figure that out. How do you do that? Sounds to me like that would be almost an essential skill in today's online world. Is there a program or website that helps you figure it out or do just have to have computer expertise to do it?

No special skill . . . Just Google . . Type in the IP address and hit search ..should tell you where the IP address is from and possibly who owns it.  This one members said he was from the US but the IP showed he was not.  That was the first clue . .  Then reading more, it showed what company a Certain group of IPs are registered to and then search that company and that typically tells the story. 

HITTER23

EB3-GranCoupe

Thanks Admins for doing what you do!

I have a post in the parts-needed section, where the scammers ping on the "WTB" header.  I now know that is not a good header to use!  Every single correspondence has been from a '0' post newcomer.  And they all, to a T, never indicate specifically what the item is that I'm looking for, but that so & so has it, just contact them.  oh well, i guess it is the cost of having the internet.  Again, much thanks to the Admins!!!