'72 cuda solid
1 (1.6%)
'72-'74 Challenger Rallye
3 (4.8%)
'73-'74 Cuda Wide
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Challenger in NC

Not one to create or respond to polls much but I was curious about this.

anlauto

You should have separated 70 & 71 Challenger because I'm all about the 71 stripe....the 70 not so much... ::)
As far as Plymouth AAR hands down, but only on an AAR....or 71 billboard ...

Overall 70 was boring....in my opinion.. :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on March 03, 2022, 01:37:51 PM
You should have separated 70 & 71 Challenger because I'm all about the 71 stripe....the 70 not so much... ::)
As far as Plymouth AAR hands down, but only on an AAR....or 71 billboard ...

Overall 70 was boring....in my opinion.. :'(
OK, modified the choices

MKA

I don't care what Alan says.  70 long stripe   8)

Yes I'm biased.  Every time I pass my garage be like  :banana: :banana: :banana:

I do like the bumblebee but don't you lose the blackout on the hood then? 

Actually I like them all.   It's a little like asking what topping I want on my desert.   If the desert is right the topping isn't going to change that.  :haha:

JH27N0B

You forgot one.  This is my favorite probably because it's so rare.  In all my years of going to shows and various car events I can only recall seeing a couple '70 cudas with this stripe package!

Priesty

I like the 72 'Cuda stripe as it's a one year only, don't like fat stripes like the billboards or 73-4 stripe. I like the strobe stripe off the AAR's as well, but best used on an original AAR. Just my 2c.
Cheers....
Steve.
72 BS23 E55 'Cuda, Lemon twist.
Seaworks HDR by steve, on Flickr

Cuda_mark

Quote from: JH27N0B on March 03, 2022, 02:29:18 PM
You forgot one.  This is my favorite probably because it's so rare.  In all my years of going to shows and various car events I can only recall seeing a couple '70 cudas with this stripe package!
I didn't realize that was an actual factory option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JH27N0B

benguin

My 340 FK5 originally had that strobe stripe, sadly the prior owner did a repaint/rust repair before I got it in 1977.  The are very, very few of them around currently.

It's very clearly an influencer on the AAR stripe.

Mr Lee

My Challenger is a '70 RT with stripe delete and I prefer it that way.  But, I love the AAR stripe, the bumble bee stripe and the hood blackout. 
I think certain cars and body colors look really great with the longitudinal '70 Challenger stripe though ... as well as the '71 RT stripe too.  Hell, I like 'em all, just not on my car.  Shrug, Hehe. 

All the mopar stripes were pretty original and cool in my opinion. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Spikedog08

Yep not to be bias but I choose this because I like it and it is rare. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

MoparCarGuy

The V4X, V4W, V4J, and V4M stripes for 70 Barracudas & Cudas are extremely rare indeed. Drawing is from 2-26-70 for the version that was released. 

The other strobe stripe version which was much more AAR-esque was cancelled before ever being released. The drawing for the cancelled version is from 4-13-70, four days before the end of AAR Cuda production. Customers must have been asking about this version of stripe for non-AARs or somebody at Plymouth decided it was cool enough to design but later cancelled it.

MoparCarGuy

Excellent combo on Spikedog08's car.

I have always wondered what the Barracuda/Cuda would have looked like in FC7 with the V4J - Chartreuse strobe tape stripe. Purple and Lime Green are complementary colors on a color wheel (think the Joker from Batman). I don't have info on what combinations were allowed but this was probably not one of them.

I also wonder what an FC7 Challenger with a V9F Green Transverse Sport Stripes (Paint) "Bumblebee" would look like. I know the V9F painted bumblebee was not available with FC7. Not sure if the FJ5 or FJ6 Challenger could get the V9C - Plum Crazy Purple Transverse Sport Stripes (Paint) "Bumblebee" but also doubtful.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Stripe with the hood.

blown motor

I like the AAR but only on a true AAR. The hockey stick stripe is cool because it adds accent but it's almost subtle. It's not gawky like the bigger, fatter stripes. I also don't like matte black stripes on a black car. You can't see them so what's the point? A black car needs a red stripe. If you know of a black Cuda with a red hockey stick stripe for sale let me know.  :D
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel