Main Menu

Garage Squad Challenger

Started by quapman, September 20, 2019, 03:09:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

quapman

Did anyone watch Garage Squad this week? A friend told me they installed an Auto-Grip in a Challenger, but I don't have cable, so I couldn't watch or do the on demand thing.

Wayne

I watched it.  It was a good episode.  The car owner/family had a good story, very deserving in my opinion.  Its impressive what they can do in a short amount of time.  Although I've often wondered if the if the show its over more time than they make it appear.  Example they did have to send the engine out.  Not sure if it was the Autogrip brand but it did have a auto with a pistol grip.
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

chargerdon

Watched it last night.   Yes, they installed a Pistol Grip for automatic handle.   Looked kinda silly in my taste.  Unbelievable rust free body. 

Burdar

I saw some of the episode.(didn't see the first half)  It was horrible IMO.  Every other thing out of Bruno's mouth was bashing Mopars.  Just trying to sound cool for a TV show.  They installed rusty/paint oversprayed leaf springs and a rusty rear end center section into the car.  I thought I saw a rust hole in the frame in one shot but it was so quick that it might not have been.  Wrong year dash assembly too.

They are getting old cars back on the road which is cool I guess.  I know Bruno is a Chevy guy which is fine.  He doesn't have to like Mopar but I wish he'd just shut his mouth and work on the car.  He's not being "cute" with all the Mopar bashing.  :alan2cents:

Not a fan of the new co-host either.  The other gal was better.

JS29

I say part of the show. wrong year ralley cluster, dash pad, console. pieced together to mimic a T/A, but as we say, build it to make you happy.   :wrenching:

YellowThumper

Quote from: Wayne on September 20, 2019, 04:12:56 AM
I watched it.  It was a good episode.  The car owner/family had a good story, very deserving in my opinion.  Its impressive what they can do in a short amount of time.  Although I've often wondered if the if the show its over more time than they make it appear.  Example they did have to send the engine out.  Not sure if it was the Autogrip brand but it did have a auto with a pistol grip.

I have to say yes for the overall length things are going on. One episode this season IIRC the lil red express there was several shots that showed the lawn. Some with snow and some without.
Yea Bruno does not provide benefit to show.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: chargerdon on September 20, 2019, 04:14:01 AM
Watched it last night.   Yes, they installed a Pistol Grip for automatic handle.   Looked kinda silly in my taste.  Unbelievable rust free body.

I watched parts of it too. When they took it for a test drive and talked about how they installed a "pistol grip shifter" I had to shake my head and change the channel.

I try to remember that it is mostly for entertainment, and they don't specialize in any make, so they don't  know any better.   :rubeyes:

6Pack70

All I know is I'd love to contact the owner and see if he would sell me the wheels and tires that were on it.  I love 'em!!!   Seemed like a really nice guy who owns it. 

TheAutoArchaeologist

I've been a part of a few Garage Squad episodes.  And what you see with them working is legitimately what they have.  They do not come back and work on cars, or such.  They might come and do a pickup shot of a car because of inclement weather.  Yeah Bruno says some stuff, I'm not going to get into that.  But most of the crew, including Cristy, are Mopar people.  Joe just finished his Pro-Mod Daytona a few months back.  We try to retain as much of the original parts as possible, if they are wrong years or such, that's what we have!

I was helping on a show just a few weeks ago and we almost had for the first time, such a serious issues we thought, we would have to push back the debut day.  We had to tear out the engine late in to the afternoon with the crew gone and thankfully the issue was a loose connecting rod by whomever had built the engine previously (We were told it was a "fresh rebuild").  So we slapped it all back together and made our date.  But we had people sweating and running around trying to reschedule permits and such for an extra day!

Here's behind the scenes on a not yet aired episode.... actually this part will never been seen!

Here is Joe's Daytona and Hemi GTX last I was at his shop.

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

quapman

I'm not able to watch this show due to not having cable. I just wanted to know if my product had "made it to the big time", but I guess I'll have to ask somewhere else.

cuda hunter

Is the auto grip your product? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I mean I can read your avatar.  But where do we see your product?
Do you have it advertised anywhere?   

Details? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Looks like it could be a good show to watch  :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Heather Storm left the show after last year.  :bye:  :crying:
But she was replaced by Christy Lee. :drooling:
There is a custom '68 Barracuda that Garage Squad did around 5 years ago that made a debut of sorts at a large Chicago area cruise I often attend.  That was before I was familiar with the show, but it was interesting seeing the car come down the main drag with a bunch of cameramen, sound guys and such around it.  When I finally got to see the episode, they only showed about 30 seconds filmed at the cruise. I've seen the car there a few times since and it is a nice build.
They did a purple 70 barracuda convertible a few seasons back. The show is filmed in this area and I've seen a mild custom purple Barracuda vert at some local cruises, it's a BH27N0B car.  I've talked to the owner but didn't recall the garage squad one when I did.  I wonder if it's the same car, did the garage squad one have yellow traction bars?