Main Menu

God must love drunks...

Started by 1 Wild R/T, September 27, 2018, 06:13:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Quote from: HP2 on September 28, 2018, 07:43:57 AM
Quote from: anlauto on September 27, 2018, 06:26:28 PM
It seems that whenever a drunk driver is involved in a crash...he/she always survives and some innocent soul passes... :andyangel:

Friend of mine in emergency medicine said the reason for this, as well as them sustaining lower injury levels, is because they are so out of it they don't tense up and inflict additional damage to themselves.  Their brain can't keep up with the motion to tell them to react.

Unfortunate truth I wish was the opposite.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

kawahonda

Far more people probably get killed or injured by cellphone usage than buzzed/drunk drivers.

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: kawahonda on September 28, 2018, 10:24:33 AM
Far more people probably get killed or injured by cellphone usage than buzzed/drunk drivers.

True, but drunks have been an unresolved issue for allot longer than phones.......Both need to be dealt with.....

Hell the kid is 22, wouldn't surprise me if he was on his phone....

318Stroker

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 28, 2018, 10:50:57 AM

True, but drunks have been an unresolved issue for allot longer than phones.......Both need to be dealt with.....

Probably drunk-dialing his booty call for the night

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 318Stroker on September 28, 2018, 11:06:54 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 28, 2018, 10:50:57 AM

Probably drunk-dialing his booty call for the night

And now in jail where he can be the booty call.... :rofl:

Hate to say I have been that drunk driver crashing in spectacular ways and still around.
I do not drink and drive anymore since about 1987 .
Have run a red light on bike and hit car at about 70-80 mph would guess, caught the front bumper with right leg and spun me 180 , split second later , probably not so good.
Missed a curve , my Mother was born in the house in that curve 87 years ago, and slammed into a telephone pole , car was v shaped and transformer landed behind drivers seat , can not remember any of this , have to go on what the person who pulled me out of the car and drove me about 5 miles home and what my Dad told me after seeing the car.
Many other drunk driving stories and wrecks, driving the bike from the bar 20 miles and in the morning not even knowing if shifted, many blackouts driving the bike home.
Guess God is not going to let me out of this that easy.
But as I say , I do not drink and drive anymore since 1987.
And I have not injured anyone but myself in these wrecks, 60 YO and might make it to the end.

BIGSHCLUNK

Takes a man to admit it... just about everybody has a story somewhere