Main Menu

God must love drunks...

Started by 1 Wild R/T, September 27, 2018, 06:13:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Coming home from dinner last night I passed a pretty ugly single car crash that had just occurred, first cop was just arriving on scene... Thought it might have been a fatal.... When I got home I texted a buddy who's an EMT & he said he'd check it out.....  Couple hours later I get a text, only one occupant, 22 yo male... He was ejected & sustained minor injuries (road rash)   Drunk, blew a .27
Guy could have easily killed somebody, hell he coulda killed me or Coral, we only missed his wreck by a couple minutes.....  Where's Darwin when we need him?   

Cuda Cody

anlauto

It seems that whenever a drunk driver is involved in a crash...he/she always survives and some innocent soul passes... :andyangel:

Man when I think back to the stupid things we did 25 years ago... :thumbdown:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

ONLY The good die young , evil goes on forever

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 27, 2018, 06:33:29 PM
  ONLY The good die young , evil goes on forever

:banana: :banana: I'm gonna live forever.... :veryexcited:

BIGSHCLUNK

I see I'm not the only one....   :rofl:

seriously tho.... ya I was young once....

but seriously tho.... I see so much of the aftermath I tune most of it out.  But every once in awhile you see that "one" and you know it's bad juju....

YellowThumper

On my way to work this morning I drove past an oddly sprawled man on the road. His crotch rocket was many many car lengths further down the road.
Just happened. Only a guy holding his head waiting.
Lane splitters in heavy traffic are always cheating the reaper.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

kawahonda

That's what Lyft and Uber are for.

Whenever I want to go out drinking, I don't drive. Plain. And simple.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

gzig5

js27

Wow-Sad thing is he will do it again. Maybe he won't be so lucky next time.
JS27

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

RUNCHARGER

Happens all the time. Drunk generally survives but kills others. Rinse, repeat.
Sheldon

superdave

NEVER EVER drink and drive....(I probably don't have to say that here). There is a lady in the nursing home where my mom is. She was hit by a drunk driver in 1968, yes fifty years ago. Her husband survived as did her unborn child 8 months along at the time and I heard she had a set of twins that did not survive. She was in a coma for several weeks but has basically been in a full care facility since. Not doubt there are more than enough similar stories out there.
     dave

JS29

It is said that drunks are more limber,and not tensed and stiff at point of impact!!!     

HP2

Quote from: anlauto on September 27, 2018, 06:26:28 PM
It seems that whenever a drunk driver is involved in a crash...he/she always survives and some innocent soul passes... :andyangel:

Friend of mine in emergency medicine said the reason for this, as well as them sustaining lower injury levels, is because they are so out of it they don't tense up and inflict additional damage to themselves.  Their brain can't keep up with the motion to tell them to react.