Main Menu

Gran Coupe Rear Window Trim

Started by CudaA39, August 24, 2020, 03:58:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaA39

My list of needed parts is at an all time low, and I've been definitely putting off starting to address my headliner situation. 

I have the original perforated foam board, but it's going to be a challenge to salvage.  My question is does anyone have any pictures of the rear window interior trim piece?  I don't have our original, and with so many shows cancelled this year I haven't had a chance to look in person for proper examples.

I doubt something like this is reproduced, so I'm also curious to what I can do as a DIY solution so it doesn't look like garbage.
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

anlauto

Isn't it the same as the regular Barracuda or Cuda trim ?  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

Yes.  For the interior rear window trim, it is the same for all hardtop models and is readily available.

IIRC Dayclona reproduces the headliner backing board in fiberglas so it will never sag.

CudaA39

Well I'll be relieved if I'm wrong here...I found some photos yesterday evening of what appeared to be some sort of "cap" that boarders the rear window on the inside.  My assumption was that it ties in the sail panels, the headliner, and the window trim itself.

I attached the photo in reference, I was all over the place so I can't recall where I found it.

anlauto

Quote from: CudaA39 on August 24, 2020, 02:52:05 PM
Well I'll be relieved if I'm wrong here...I found some photos yesterday evening of what appeared to be some sort of "cap" that boarders the rear window on the inside.  My assumption was that it ties in the sail panels, the headliner, and the window trim itself.

I attached the photo in reference, I was all over the place so I can't recall where I found it.

That is NOT for a Cuda, that is for a Challenger SE (small rear window) Cuda used the same size rear glass, therefore the same interior window trim :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

If you're building a Challenger that has the formal roof/small rear window (JH29 or JS29 in '70 or A78 package in '71), then yes, the piece to the right covers up the fiberglass of the window plug.   It would be covered in headliner material.

If you are building a Barracuda/Gran Coupe/'Cuda, the backlite is the same size on all hard tops and there is no special trim needed.

CudaA39

Awesome, thank you for the replies.  I hadn't realized SE Challengers and Gran Coupes had different rear windows thus a different setup.  Glad I have the Gran Coupe.

EB3-GranCoupe

CudaA39
As YYZ stated, that trim is for a Challenger. The interior trim for the Barracuda is the same across all three model lines: BH, BP, & BS.  HOWEVER, the exterior trim for the rear window IS different on Vinyl too GC's. It is a stamped textured trim that was painted to match the vinyl top color. Expect to pay handsomely for a set. It was also used on Louvre equipped cars.

As for headliners, there is an aftermarket fibreglass piece available. Material can be sourced from Stockinteriors.com. It is very similar to today's modern material.

Message me if you need any assistance on your Gran Coupe.
EB3

dmastr3665

i do know someone who about 3 months ago when i talked to him said he has a complete set for 200. I dont want to post his name or number on here but if you pm me i can give you his info. if you just need pictures let me know and i can send you a picture I have the set for my car sitting in the garage right now.

dmastr3665

sorry i was thinking cuda after reading further i see your looking for challenger