Main Menu

Hamburglar ‘70 ‘Burgercuda’.

Started by YYZ, January 29, 2024, 07:40:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Started as an FE5 U code D21 bs 70. 
2 to 3 week build. 
I like the spare tire wrapper.
Wrap, wrap and more wrap. 
The color scheme is pretty cool and that yellow line grill really works well. 
Cool custom!
I wonder what the gto looks like if he spent 3 years creating it. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Rich G.

Hopefully it will make it to Carlisle this year. It will definitely be interesting to see in person.

cudamadd

Wow a real  cuda and look at it now . A hamburger with the lot .They have done a great job in a short time.

PlumCrazyRTSE

That isn't a U code, it's a V code BS23V0B157407.  What a shame to do that to such a rare and magnificently restored Cuda.

cuda hunter

It's a V code?
I was going off of what they had said in the video.
Do you know where to find a picture of the fender tag?
I was also surprised at the shape of the car they modified.   
miccyd's has some cash. 

On the bright side about what they have done, it's all wrapped so it would probably be removable with beautiful paint underneath.
seats would need reupholstered and switch out a few of the other items.  They didn't go Too far with the customization. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Jay Bee

You'd hope they saved the seat covers when they removed them along with the smaller stuff like grille nameplate, engine callouts, etc.

PlumCrazyRTSE

All the photos of the original car including the fender tag and VIN ID tag are shown here.

https://www.fusionmotorco.com/vehicles/1191/1970-plymouth-cuda

RUNCHARGER

It all started when someone pointed out the backwards 440 #'s on the hockey sticks.......
Sheldon

JH27N0B

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 24, 2024, 06:19:36 AMIt all started when someone pointed out the backwards 440 #'s on the hockey sticks.......
The gap between the passenger door and front fender is not good either.  Hopefully after its run as the Hamburgler getaway car, it will be put back to original even better than before.
I wonder what McDonald's long term plans are for the car?  McDonald's built a replica of the original McDonald's that Ray Croc built on the site of the original store, in the next town over from me, and they had a half dozen 1955 model year cars that would be displayed in the lot in front of the restaurant.
Sadly they closed this museum and demolished it 6 or 7 years ago, and those cars got sold at a Mecum auction.

PlumCrazyRTSE

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 24, 2024, 06:19:36 AMIt all started when someone pointed out the backwards 440 #'s on the hockey sticks.......

Wow, I didn't even notice that until reading your comment.  Obviously, I'm not as familiar with Cudas as I am Challengers. :dunno:  Although, I'm guessing that could easily be corrected.

Quote from: JH27N0B on February 24, 2024, 06:35:10 AMThe gap between the passenger door and front fender is not good either.  Hopefully after its run as the Hamburgler getaway car, it will be put back to original even better than before.

Yeah, that gap was a bit excessive.  I seriously considered buying this Cuda but wasn't sure how much it would have cost to correct that gap and how much time it would take to get it into a good shop.

cuda hunter

Thank you for linking me to BS23V0B157407 . 

cuda hunter

Fe5 rally red tags are very difficult to photograph.

E87 440-6 Barrel High Preformance
D21 Heavy Duty 4-Speed Manual Transmission

BS23
B = Plymouth Barracuda
S = Special
23 = 2 Door Hardtop

V0B
V = 440 390HP 3-2BBL 8 CYL
0 = 1970
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
157407 Sequence Number '157407'

FE5
Paint Code: Bright Red / Rally Red

H6X9
Trim Grade/Style/Color
H = High
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
X9 = Black

000 Upper Door Frame: Full Door Panel
A12 Date Built: 10 / 12 / 1969
089910 Order Number: 089910
V1X Roof Type OR Color: Full Vinyl Top - Black
A01 Light Package
A33 3.54:1 Dana 60 Track Package
A62 Rallye Instrument Cluster
B51 Power Assisted Brakes
C16 Console w/ Buckets
C55 Bucket Seats
G31 Right Hand Outside Mirror - Manual / Chrome
G33 Left Hand Outside Mirror - Manual / Chrome
J45 Hood Tie Down Pins
L31 Hood / Fender Mount Turn Signal
M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M25 Wide Sill Molding
M31 Belt Molding 69-70
M88 Quater Panel Tape Treatment
N41 Duel Exhaust w/o Tips
N42 Chrome Duel Exhaust Tips
N85 Tachometer
N96 Fresh Air Hood
R22 AM w/ 8-Track
V6X Black Longitude Sports Stripe
Y05 Built to U.S. Specifications

Jay Bee

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 24, 2024, 08:04:35 AMFe5 rally red tags are very difficult to photograph.
I tried to edit and enlarge for a better read, downloading to CPU may even help more.

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 23, 2024, 05:23:45 PMIt's a V code?
I was going off of what they had said in the video.
Do you know where to find a picture of the fender tag?
I was also surprised at the shape of the car they modified.   
miccyd's has some cash. 

On the bright side about what they have done, it's all wrapped so it would probably be removable with beautiful paint underneath.
seats would need reupholstered and switch out a few of the other items.  They didn't go Too far with the customization. 

It's all those chicken nuggets you've been buying ! :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration