Main Menu

Two different shifter handles on a Cuda AAR

Started by SeventyTX9RTRag, November 02, 2018, 03:57:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

SeventyTX9RTRag

I have been looking at 70 AAR's and I have noticed a few cars with the "T" handle shifter automatic handle and others with the typical ball with a thumb push button. Were there certain options that dictated on of the other?
If you were to get the light group option on your AAR do you get fender turn signals on an AAR?

Thanks for the help

anlauto

The AAR's with the "T" handle shifter are completely wrong, they never came from the factory that way.
Yes the A01 light group gave you fender top signals on an AAR as well.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

Camaro owners who acquire an AAR and are clueless put the T handle on .   :please:

SeventyTX9RTRag

Burdar

The round knob is correct for 1970 and part of 74.  The "T" handle is correct for 71-74.  The "T" handles aren't very strong and have a tendency to break.  The factory went back to the round ball sometime in 74...presumably for this issue.

larry4406

Quote from: Burdar on November 02, 2018, 06:24:28 AM
The round knob is correct for 1970 and part of 74.  The "T" handle is correct for 71-74.  The "T" handles aren't very strong and have a tendency to break.  The factory went back to the round ball sometime in 74...presumably for this issue.

I know I hit my knee on the tee handle getting into my '72 in high school and cracked it.  Somewhere in the basement I have 2 or 3 new in boxes for that exact reason.

JS29

Check and see if the tag is coded for a console, could have been converted from a column shift.  :alan2cents: