Main Menu

Hello! Here's my new '73 Cuda

Started by cnm2215, October 02, 2023, 11:30:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Welcome to the site from (ntario,  :canada:  and congrats on your purchase. The eventual cost of your restoration will depend on your "needs" during it. I'd check and clean the electrical connectors in the main block in the firewall, they're notorious for lousy and potentially dangerous wiring problems. Paint has gotten to be stupid expensive and I'd spend a good bit of time researching prospective painters and learning some prep abilities can potentially save you a bundle. Good luck  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

jyotkc

nsmall

Quote from: HP2 on October 06, 2023, 10:36:16 AMNice score, and welcome! Its a great start to get your feet wet.

Depending on how much you plan on making it look like a '71, you are going to be in for a lot of work and expense to duplicate the '71 body. Those closer to this type of work can correct me ,but you may be looking at $20k plus for this.

Once you get into the Hemi and related driveline components, things will continue to be expensive. With the engine, accessories, trans. and rear, this could easily be an additional $35k.

I agree.  Very expensive to restore one of these and I would not see it as an investment rather a money pit that brings lots of smiles