Main Menu

Hemming Muscle Machines & My 70 Challenger

Started by VCODE, July 30, 2019, 01:08:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

Hemming Muscle Machines did a great Cover and 7 page article on my Hemi Challenger and my life then and now.
Hemi Heritage Then & Now. from Track Package to Redeye
Check it out, the September issue out now. See attachment
Bob

JH27N0B

71-440

Joe

nsmall

Same problem, cant access the actual article.  Either way, congratulations.   :bradsthumb:

Cuda_mark

I'd love to read the article. I'll have to pick up a copy of it.

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

VCODE

Quote from: 71-440 on July 31, 2019, 06:14:39 PM
Downloaded it but only cover shows up. :notsure:

Sorry I could not download the whole article.
Bob

Slotts

Hey Bob,

I am really happy for you! That's awesome!  :ohyeah: :congrats:

I will get my hands on a copy of the magazine.

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

7E-Bodies

This is a dream and a goal for my current project. Congrats.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

DeathProofCuda

Congratulations Bob!  I got my issue of HMM a day or so after you originally posted this.  Would have posted earlier, but I just finally got around to registering on the site.   I recognize your username from the Moparts site and have long been curious about how you managed to buy a 440 Six-Pack Super Trac Pack car at 17.  Great story!  My dad was a rep for Chrysler-Plymouth in the NY Metro area back around that time and part of his duty was helping out with the trouble shooting contests.  Sounds like it was a great opportunity for you! -Russ

VCODE

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on August 07, 2019, 12:26:12 AM
Congratulations Bob!  I got my issue of HMM a day or so after you originally posted this.  Would have posted earlier, but I just finally got around to registering on the site.   I recognize your username from the Moparts site and have long been curious about how you managed to buy a 440 Six-Pack Super Trac Pack car at 17.  Great story!  My dad was a rep for Chrysler-Plymouth in the NY Metro area back around that time and part of his duty was helping out with the trouble shooting contests.  Sounds like it was a great opportunity for you! -Russ

Guys Thanks for the Kind words.

Hi Russ,
My Mom & Dad always supported me and my older brother in what we did, but we both always worked hard after school. Saving all the money we could to buy cars. I was 13 and my brother had purchased a 1965 Dodge Coronet 500 426 Street Wedge - 4 speed, Black w/White interior, what a car. When he got married he then gave me the car to race by that time,wish I still had it. My Dad had Dodges also, Mopars where in my blood.When I was 17 years old in 1970 I saw the Challenger and feel in love with it. I went to the dealer and ordered this Challenger, I put $900 of my own money down on it and every month paid the loan for 3 years, my Mom & Dad did cosign for me. I ordered it with a Shaker Hood but in April when the car came it had no Shaker hood, boy was I mad. After I graduated high school, I turned 18 years old and then started working as a line mechanic at the Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge dealer. I worked as a line mechanic for 14 years and then moved on working for the NYC DOT.
I may have known you Dad, I was in the Chrysler-Plymouth trouble contest in 1969, Valley Stream NY. I worked at various C-P-D dealers in the Westchester & Bronx NY area.
Thanks for your interest Bob 

Mopsquad

Congratulations! It's amazing to have your hard work and story recognized on such a stage.