Main Menu

If you can't beat them penalize them

Started by Chryco Psycho, September 29, 2018, 06:51:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

Parity does not make you faster, if they can't win ,then design something better.
Thinking about going to their next race next weekend at Texas Motorplex in Ennis Texas.

Brads70

History repeating itself.... same old same old.... Good to she prevailed though.

js27

Once again History repeats itself. Sad
JS27

anlauto

You have to wonder how they explain themselves....You guys seem a little too fast, so we'll add some weight to you and take off weight from the others...How the heck do they justify that....

If I was running a Mopar and they bumped my weight up by 25 lbs.....I would add 75 lbs and still whoop their ass.....then once returning up the return lane, I'd pop the trunk open and remove my 50 lbs tool box.....say Oops.....I knew I forgot something....wanna go again ? :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

I really don't know much of anything about this class BUT, from the little I read about it on Moparts, there's more to it then just complaining by Ford/Chevy.  Apparently, Dodge built a turd back when these cars were built.  Ford and Chevy built a much faster car and Dodge couldn't compete.  It was Dodge that complained and was given the OK to drastically change their cars to be competitive.

Brads70

Quote from: Burdar on October 01, 2018, 10:00:36 AM
I really don't know much of anything about this class BUT, from the little I read about it on Moparts, there's more to it then just complaining by Ford/Chevy.  Apparently, Dodge built a turd back when these cars were built.  Ford and Chevy built a much faster car and Dodge couldn't compete.  It was Dodge that complained and was given the OK to drastically change their cars to be competitive.

To what era is that pertaining too? Like the Nascar wing cars of 69-70?

6bblgt

Quote from: Brads70 on October 01, 2018, 10:47:47 AM
Quote from: Burdar on October 01, 2018, 10:00:36 AM

To what era is that pertaining too? Like the Nascar wing cars of 69-70?

it is pertaining to the 2015 Drag Pack Challenger (a replacement has not been offered by FCA) yet the current race version is significantly altered from the '15 entry (ie: engine location) & many currently used components didn't exist in '15 (ie: engine block)

I don't know if Chevy/Ford employ similar tactics or are bound by their FACTORY offerings  :dunno: