Main Menu

If you need rear frame rails on your Cuda or Challenger you must have this!!!

Started by Mymcodebee, August 27, 2018, 06:34:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

The part number is 6000WT. I'll be buying mine from Mopardave at Roseville.

MoparDave

Quote from: gzig5 on October 16, 2019, 09:21:16 AM
Do we have a part number for this assembly to order by?  I don't see this assy on the dynacorn site or the Restoration Performance site where you order.  Finally decided to go this way and hoping i can still get the part.

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/trunk_-underseat-floor-and-rear-frame-assembly-70-74-challenger/

currently 20 in stock between the 2 warehouses. just replied to your email also.

Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

Mymcodebee

Back when I ordered mine there were 15 to 20 in stock. 
My guess was once they're gone they will probably be gone for good as they most likely loaded up for the challenger shells and we all no how that ended up...

Jay Bee

Thanks for chiming in. Would you happen to have any progress pictures on this?

RUNCHARGER

They discoed the front assembled sides as well so yeah, I doubt they'll make more of the rear assemblies.
Sheldon

gzig5

Just placed my order with Roseville. I think this should solve a lot of problems at once.

Hey @mymcodebee do you have any in progress pics or other wisdom from the installation you could share?

Mymcodebee

I wish I did but I am finishing my wifes ragtop first. 
Mine wont be of much help anyway as this area is actually going to be my starting point...   Seriously.. 

Shoooter

That's a great piece to have. Would be a good piece to have stashed away for future use

7E-Bodies

@shooter we think alike. Yet as I approach 59, and am midway through my 70 RT, I'm not sure if I'll be doing another. The main reason is the rumors flying of AMD stopping production of parts.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Shoooter

I haven't heard anything about that. Are you talking just this particular part or everything

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

gzig5

Quote from: Shoooter on February 28, 2020, 04:33:03 PM
I haven't heard anything about that. Are you talking just this particular part or everything

AMD has a closeout sale running on a bunch of A and B body parts and a few E body.  Also doing Ford and GM.  Most are 50% off.  I don't know why they are doing this.

http://www.autometaldirect.com/page/discontinued-sale.html

Mymcodebee

Alan is correct this piece I posted is a Dynacorm piece only.    I was under the assumption that Dynacorn would discontinue as I heard they stopped production on the challenger shells but recently heard they may start up again..  If that the case they may be around for a while.   

I checked out the list of AMD discontinued parts and while yes there a some people that will be bumming 62-66 range cars etc.  For the most part they are not discontinuing much.
Once they started making full quarters I never had another intention of buying skins.. Its just not worth the hassle.
The only items I am concerned about are the rear valences for Cuda and challengers without cutouts.. if you have a AAR or a TA you may want to grab one now..
I ordered multiple convertible Cuda spare tire brackets because its nearly impossible to find one that is not rusty into the ground..  I have three rags to do so I am good for a while with those. 
I don't think the sky is falling yet on these parts and they are probably just clearing out there stagnant selling items.   

There are other vendors for some of these items and as good as AMD is they simply all need work. 
For instance Cuda fenders typical always need to be worked at the middle body line area on every car I have done.  The gap is simply too tight between the door and fender in this area.  I file it slightly to give it the correct contour.   Worked on gaps on my cuda yesterday all day to find that I need to cut my quarter panel vertically along the door jamb area about 12 inches to widen the gap on door gap area.  Not real excited about it but its got to be done.   

7E-Bodies

Excellent analogy. I've also found the same issue with cuda fenders. It seemed they were under bent at the body line.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RacerX

How does this item compare with the individual pieces from AMD quality-wise?

Have heard very mixed reviews about Dynacorn but AMD seems to be mostly the go-to

Certainly would save a lot of time and stress and others have said the dimensions seem good but if it is so-so quality on the stampings my enthusiasm fades a bit...