Main Menu

If you need rear frame rails on your Cuda or Challenger you must have this!!!

Started by Mymcodebee, August 27, 2018, 06:34:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mymcodebee

They're not stopping these anytime soon.  They stopped the complete Challenger bodies. They had 27 of these in the states as of a month ago.
Here is the piece on my rack.  Three points touch perfectly and square however the driver front rail was 3/4 high.  Simple fix.  Just have tack front dow

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1black71rt

Do you have to remove both inner wheel houses to install this section?

anlauto

Quote from: 1black71rt on October 21, 2018, 06:14:41 PM
Do you have to remove both inner wheel houses to install this section?

No not at all, in fact you have a great opportunity to repair the rusted edges of your inner wheel tubs when the old frame/floor section is removed. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1black71rt

Thanks anlauto. My car was hit in the pass. side rear. bent up the tail panel and bent the frame rails a little. let water get in the trunk and did more damage. Need all the help I can get to put the frame back straight. :cheers:

ragtopdodge

Pretty cool!

WOnder if they make Barracuda versions.  Or Convertible versions.

They shouldn't punch the holes for the shock towers so that you can cut a hole depending if it's 1970 or 71+.

Mymcodebee

I am using this part in a Cuda.  The wheelbase difference is located just in front of this section.  they did not punch the gas tank holes so that helps a little.   You are correct though I wish they did not punch the shock tower holes but that's an easy fix. 

anlauto

I used one in a convertible, we just had to change the spare tire bracket.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

gzig5

Any pics of the process?  Trying to visualize how much of the back of the car has to be removed to get this in.

Jay Bee

@Mymcodebee  does this panel come with the rear crossmember extensions (L & R) or do I need to order those from Mopardave too?  Thanks in advance.
http://www.autometaldirect.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=871-1570-l&x=7&y=4

anlauto

@Jay Bee
I've used two or three of these as well. Here's one picture I found:
They are NOT attached to the assembly.

anlauto

Here's the same car...you can barely make out the green one in place, so I conclude that they are not included. :bigthumb:

Jay Bee

anlauto

You're welcome...you know me I'm just trying to interject myself into every single thread ... :haha: :haha: :haha:

gzig5

Do we have a part number for this assembly to order by?  I don't see this assy on the dynacorn site or the Restoration Performance site where you order.  Finally decided to go this way and hoping i can still get the part.