Main Menu

in need of technical data sheet (73 Challenger)

Started by hive77, April 17, 2021, 05:12:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

hive77

I am an Austrian, I have restored a Challenger from 1973.
The vehicle has never been registered in Austria, now I have to present the vehicle to the state inspection office to get a historical registration.
(This is the only way to register the vehicle in Austria, unfortuntaley the officials here in Austria are very accurate).
My problem is that I have German and Polish vehicle documents in which the technical data contradict each other.
Does anyone have a copy of a Dodge datasheet for a (1973 340cui 3spd auto trans, no RT) Dodge Challenger which they can send me?
I found a French spec sheet, but the technical data is very poor.
I would also be grateful if someone could send me a copy of a title.
I have to prove the correct technical vehicla data.

Thank you in advance!
Ingo

Cuda Cody

Do you have an example of the "Data Sheet"?  I'm not sure what you are looking for.

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: Maybe you need a service manual? I suppose you need correct dimensions and weight?
Sheldon

hive77

it must be an official Chrysler/Dodge document from 1973, like brochure with full technical data, us title from near similar car, Chrysler/Dodge service manual from 1973 (no new reprint).

axle load
dimensions
wheel tire size
fuel consumtion
motor data
hp from 340cui at ...rmp
max. passenger
loudness at rmp in db

7212Mopar

I think some of the info is in the owner's manual. Do you have a copy? Google that. Reprints are available. Also try Mymopar.com for service manual.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

IRON MAN

Quote from: hive77 on April 17, 2021, 05:12:06 AM
I am an Austrian, I have restored a Challenger from 1973.
The vehicle has never been registered in Austria, now I have to present the vehicle to the state inspection office to get a historical registration.

I would also be grateful if someone could send me a copy of a title.
I have to prove the correct technical vehicla data.

Thank you in advance!
Ingo
"I would also be grateful if someone could send me a copy of a title"    Scary, beware.  I advise do not send a copy of YOUR title but instead send a copy of a 1973 Challenger that has been parted out and no longer viable.

hive77

Thanks for your help.
the original us title will be withdrawn when a vehicle is first registered in europe, so it is no longer available to me.
I also do not know whether technical data are noted in a us title, I have never seen such a document.
i think the owners manual could get the information, could someone send me a copy?

HP2

Technical data sheets were never used in US vehicle registrations. Your best bet is to hope some of our international members on here may be able to help. You might also try reaching out to some of the European clubs that specialize in Mopars. I know there are clubs in Sweden, Holland, Switzerland and Germany.

For other members, many European countries have HIGHLY restrictive rules around registering classic vehicles. In many cases they require these vehicles to be absolutely stock and the owner must have  the "data sheet" that shows all available options, sizes, payloads, and detailed specifications for the authorities to inspect the car and authorize its licensing.

RUNCHARGER

Passenger loudness and fuel consumption were not published in those years.
Sheldon

Culvers

Sorry to all non german speaking folks...

Ingo, frag doch mal im deutschen Mopar-Forum (mopar-forum.eu) nach. Da gibt es auch einige User aus Österreich.

cm

google the 1970 hamtramck registry. go to library ...go to ama specifications  73 challenger.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

hive77

JS29

:welcome:  @cm nice first post, helping a member in need!  :handshake: