Main Menu

Juliano's Mod Top Hemicuda

Started by Cuda_mark, March 08, 2019, 05:51:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda_mark

I just read a few articles about this car.

- I learned that Juliano restored his cars using only NOS, assembly line and "lunch pail" parts
- The mod top was the only reproduction part used in this restoration. He found 2/3's of the mod top NOS material but couldn't find the last 1/3
- It was the only mod top Hemicuda ever built
- It was stolen a few years back out of one of his garages

Does anyone know the rest of the story? Was the car ever found? Were there any leads or theory's about who took it and where it ended up? This would be a car that would be kinda hard to keep under wraps...

Chryco Psycho

So far it has not been located , Hopefully not parted out but as you say what good is it to the thief , cannot take it anywhere or show anyone  :thinking:

72 Challenger

His cars, especially his Rapid Transit cars and his 69 mod top are up for auction at Mecum Indy:

https://www.mecum.com/auctions/indianapolis-2019/collections/steven-juliano-estate-collection/
Someday I will have a J0b.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 08, 2019, 06:06:51 AM
So far it has not been located , Hopefully not parted out but as you say what good is it to the thief , cannot take it anywhere or show anyone  :thinking:

The only thing the thief could do is sell it to someone with deep pockets that just has to have it for it rarity. But again, what's the point in having something like that if you have to keep it hidden. Just doesn't make sense to me. My guess is that it's overseas somewhere or the thieves have it hidden away because they realize they stole the wrong Hemicuda....maybe they didn't realize it was a 1 of 1 when they did it?

RUNCHARGER

It's an artifact that won't be shown to the public again likely. I too believe it is overseas (or perhaps in the Canadian Prime Minister's garage). The only good outcome would be for it to be found and the people responsible punished but I doubt that will ever happen.
Sheldon

Cuda_mark

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 08, 2019, 07:01:52 AM
It's an artifact that won't be shown to the public again likely. I too believe it is overseas (or perhaps in the Canadian Prime Minister's garage). The only good outcome would be for it to be found and the people responsible punished but I doubt that will ever happen.

Maybe @anlauto can do a little recon for us at the Prime Minister's residence.

js27

I also think it is out of the country. Some Saudi or Russian or Chinese Collector has it hidden away. I believe the thiefs knew EXACTLY what they were stealing. I also believe in KARMA.
JS27

YellowThumper

<Enter country name here> that usa laws dont count. That is where it resides.
Yes also agree it was a professional theft by !@#$% who knew what it is. They have been payed already.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda_mark on March 08, 2019, 08:14:40 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 08, 2019, 07:01:52 AM

Maybe @anlauto can do a little recon for us at the Prime Minister's residence.

Pfhhh  I'd gladly do a little " recon" at the prime ministers office..... :yessir:

ledphoot

Some ultra rich person in another country has her, that's almost a certainty. A car like that cannot stay hidden here, it's notoriously famous and unique, stands out like a sore thumb. It's sad that somebody had to take what didn't belong to them. The guy put a ton of effort in to restoring that car and for it to be taken like that really pisses me off.

anlauto

Might have been cut up and used for parts by now  :dunno: The RUMORS I don't like are the ones thinking it was "insurance fraud" That's just nasty... :verymad:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ledphoot

Quote from: anlauto on March 08, 2019, 12:06:58 PM
Might have been cut up and used for parts by now  :dunno: The RUMORS I don't like are the ones thinking it was "insurance fraud" That's just nasty... :verymad:

Sorry but I don't see anybody investing the kind of time and devotion is took to make this car correct just to cut it up and commit fraud.. I find that VERY unlikely.

anlauto

Quote from: ledphoot on March 08, 2019, 02:27:15 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 08, 2019, 12:06:58 PM

Sorry but I don't see anybody investing the kind of time and devotion is took to make this car correct just to cut it up and commit fraud.. I find that VERY unlikely.

I just read that theory on another web site....I don't believe it either...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Probably like so many stolen items it will resurface in time once the right people pass away or someone who knows where it is feels jilted but it could be decades & sadly was not located before Steve passed , but yes we are all caretakers here everything we have is not ours for very long .

Purepony

Just heard about this cuda. Crazy story I think it's rarity is amazing , I'm surprised they haven't had any leads but I'm suppose some wealthy collector who wouldnt even drive it to begin with has it.

That would have been a great car to see!

Right up there with the Jim Morrison Shelby mustang